Page 24 of 467 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Finally got to play Modern Warfare 2 last night. I've never really been a fan of the realistic army style first person shooter but OMG this game blew me away (literally.... I've already died a couple of times) So realistic, it's just awesome. No one challenge me online yet though. After doing the pit it recommended that I play on recruit level which I am and like I said I have already died a couple of times

The 3rd level in the airport isn't exactly the most family friendly level of a game I've ever played either.

HAHA. MW2 is far from realistic. It's more like playing a Hollywood blockbuster movie. It's alot of fun, and the multiplayer is addictive.

But if you want a realistic shooter you should try Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. You have to actually think in this game. You can't just run and gun. One shot to the right part of the body and you're dead. And you can bleed to death if you don't patch up your arm/leg wounds. And shots can come from hundreds of metres away. Very realistic, very hard, but ver rewarding once you complete a mission. And the missions are big. Lots of ground to cover via walking. I recommend it for those who want a real shooter.

Just started playing New Super Mario Bros Wii
    I forgot how much I sucked at platformers... World 1.1 died 6 times and used a continue already...

Underarm Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Just started playing New Super Mario Bros Wii

Great game but a lot more fun with 2 or more players. Hint: Star coins are important so collect 'em if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by shokwave2 View Post
    HAHA. MW2 is far from realistic. It's more like playing a Hollywood blockbuster movie. It's alot of fun, and the multiplayer is addictive.

But if you want a realistic shooter you should try Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. You have to actually think in this game. You can't just run and gun. One shot to the right part of the body and you're dead. And you can bleed to death if you don't patch up your arm/leg wounds. And shots can come from hundreds of metres away. Very realistic, very hard, but ver rewarding once you complete a mission. And the missions are big. Lots of ground to cover via walking. I recommend it for those who want a real shooter.
    LOL yeah sorry I should of said realistic looking (I was particularly impressed with the army base at the start). It's not too realistic when all you have to do when shot is hide for half a minute and your wounds heal.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    LOL yeah sorry I should of said realistic looking (I was particularly impressed with the army base at the start). It's not too realistic when all you have to do when shot is hide for half a minute and your wounds heal.
    Yes it is very realistic looking. One of the best looking games on XBOX/PS3. Have you got into the Spec-Ops mode yet? Some tough missions in there. My fave is the Chernyobl mission where you sneak past all the snipers hiding in the grass.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Ultimate Allstars, the australian version! Nice bit of online play. Managed to kick some dudes ass for them using Karas Roll. He had Megaman and Zero. To make the pain a little worse, I used mostly Roll

Liking it so far. Quite a few difference between original Jap release (Chross Generation of Heroes) and UAS. No Anime in the endings I have noticed and the minigames for charcaters seem to be missing too. Still, plays well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Still, plays well.
    Good to hear, my copy is on its way to me now.

Got DBZ Sagas for the PS2, it was never released here, and rated poorly. From what I have played, the ratings it got are about right, even I'd barely give it a 3!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Scored my first PS3 Platinum trophy last night. Completed 'Borderlands', also finshed the Zombie Island DLC with all trophies, now slowly working my way through Mad Moxxi.

Pulled out the old PS2 and going to give 'Onimusha: Warlords', 'Jak and Daxter' and 'Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven' a play through. The worst thing that's happened though is the memory card with my 'Final Fantasy X' save data is corrupted. There goes 100 hours of gameplay.

Lastly I found my original PSOne 'Metal Gear Solid', so I've saved $16 from having to buy it off the Playstation Store. A shame Sony believe 'customers didn't want PS2 backwards compatability' through 'surveys they did, but at least MGS will work and I won't need to buy a new PSOne memory card for the PS2 as I lost my original.

passed bioshock un sure if i will buy number 2

only 38% passed gta iv

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Lastly I found my original PSOne 'Metal Gear Solid', so I've saved $16 from having to buy it off the Playstation Store. A shame Sony believe 'customers didn't want PS2 backwards compatability' through 'surveys they did, but at least MGS will work and I won't need to buy a new PSOne memory card for the PS2 as I lost my original.
    You can generate a virtual PS1 card on your PS3 and play Ps1 games of the same region on that.

I wonder where they did this "survey." Many people have complained about the lack of PS2 iness on the PS3. I remember Sony heavily pushing the ability of the PS3 to hand 1/2 games before they released (during the pre-order times) and then right before it was due for the release when I enquired I was informed its no longer there. Lame-asses.