Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Outback's Australian News

Sightings/Sales

Old 13th June 2018, 12:50 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Well all the next wave of POTP toys are up for preorder with BBTS but not due until July which means they will either be unavailable to us or available but extra expensive

Follow on FB: BigAngryTrev Twitter: @BigAngryTrev and Tumblr: BigAngryTrev!

Toy Reviews: POTP Terrorcons, MB-20 Nemesis Prime,
Articles: Sophie Monk to play Octopunch in movie?
Old 13th June 2018, 05:18 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Can someone post the text of the email that BBTS is sending out regarding GST?
Old 13th June 2018, 05:52 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
Can someone post the text of the email that BBTS is sending out regarding GST?
I posted the email on the previous page
Old 13th June 2018, 06:01 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop View Post
I posted the email on the previous page
TY.

As a note. I looked on Amazon's Australian site for the first time in forever. They seem to be using Amazon AU to allow you to order some items from Amazon US. Not a perfect solution, but at least I will still be able to order cheap hard drives from Amazon US.
Old 13th June 2018, 07:19 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I've just sent a few queries off to BBTS of my own. But people here might already know the answers:

*Will GST be charged on each individual item as we purchase them, or will it be charged on the overall cost of combined shipments (such as from HLJ and BBTS)?
*Will the GST be charged on shipping costs (if shipping cost $60 before will it now cost $66)?
*If you have your items shipped to a friend in the US, then they send it to you as a 'gift', can the government do anything about that?
*Is the GST going to cover the overall value of shipments, or is it going to be something like a $7 charge per package (no matter how many items are in the package)?

I've checked the ATO site and taken soundings online and can't find a clear answer anywhere

Old 14th June 2018, 08:09 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

From BBTS:

Iíve hit up BBTS for more info about their practices regarding the GST and got the following response:

Quote:
Hello Trevor,
Thank you for the follow up and I will be happy to explain. We will continue to ship to Australia, but these new tax laws will be in place on that date. We should be sending out a more formal, mass notice about this change in the coming days but from what I understand the GST will be collected on our end and then provided to your government inevitably. If you would prefer to alleviate this tax burden on any items that are currently in your Pile of Loot already or any orders you place prior to July 1st, we do suggest shipping them any time before that deadline, otherwise that merchandise will be taxed upon shipping it.

I have summed up responses for you as well below:
*Will future purchases have GST charged on each individual item as they drop into my POL?
Any items purchased on July 1st and beyond will be subject to GST tax. Please note we do not collect applicable tax and shipping until you release your Pile of Loot items, so you would be taxed at that time.

*If not, will GST be charged on the overall cost of my POL when shipped? Or is there a standard fee for every package, no matter its cost?
From what we understand any products with a value of less than $1,000 will be subject to GST. This means that you could ship various items valuing $2,000 in merchandise but all of it would be taxed. It is my understanding that a single item that costs more than that, will NOT be subject to GST.

*Will GST be charged also on the cost of shipping itself?
Yes, just like the merchandise, your government will be assessing GST on shipping expense as well.

This unfortunate law will definitely be an inconvenience for our customers in Australia, however, the good news is that we will continue doing our best to provide you with collectibles going forward. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance in the meantime and have a great day!

Now obviously the bloke doesnít quite understand the new laws, since of course we WOULD get charged GST on an individual $2000 item, but since I donít know the ins and outs of the US tax system I donít expect them to understand ours. Iíll be hitting them up again about whether we would get still get charged GST if we have an Aussie billing address but an American postal address, as perhaps for us with US friends that would post stuff on, it may be a way around these bastard new laws.

Old 16th June 2018, 11:30 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Amazon rarely does pre-orders, but they've just listed Predaking for pre-order, for August 1st... now, if they charge the entire amount of the toy and postage right now, they *should* still be able to ship it in August, because they are only stopping their orders from July 1st, not shipments (because the GST only applies on money changing hands after June 30th).
Unfortunately, the price is about AU$280 shipped, so the risk is if it is released here, and it's price here.... but if it doesn't get released here, and is more than $300, the Amazon option may be worth it.