Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Kup's Discussions and Questions

Sightings/Sales

Old 23rd March 2018, 10:08 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

I never realised that the same person voiced Gen1 Scorponok AND Fortress Maximus (Stephen Keener).
It's rare that major rivals are voiced by the same person, as it would be difficult to do lines so aggressively at yourself (as opposed to just general conversation between allies like Cullen doing Optimus and Ironhide in the original cartoon).
Old 24th March 2018, 07:14 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Scott McNeil.

Any time Rattrap, Dinobot and/or Silvebolt argued with each other or if either character fought Waspinator.
Old 1st April 2018, 07:48 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

I don't remember if this was posted here as news two years ago when it was first found (I didn't want to waste time searching), but there was a second standby comic issue done up based on a cartoon episode... but unlike Big Broadcast of 2006, this one didn't end up being needed (produced just in case they were running late for the month's deadline, just needing a quick splash of colour - which is a lot of work to not be needed, and probably annoying to the artists who never saw it in the hands of fans).
The episode was Dweller from the Depths (the one about the vampire monster released from the centre of Cybertron), and three pages of the black-and-white inks was found in 2015 from the Marvel artist Dave Hunt.
Old 1st April 2018, 10:04 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
which is a lot of work to not be needed, and probably annoying to the artists who never saw it in the hands of fans
I doubt it's annoying to the artist who got paid. Marvel did these "inventory stories" all the time in the 70s and 80s and it gives the low ranking artist some extra expierence. Some ended up being printed in other books if they didn't (or couldn't) get used in the main title. They are usually pretty rubbish and inconsequential.
Old 14th April 2018, 07:06 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Fire Convoy/RID Optimus Prime's torso is ridiculously easy to open open. Just two screws below the armpits.

Overall Fire Convoy is a better toy that RID OP but one flaw with Fire Convoy is that the chrome is far more susceptible to chipping. My Fire Convoy has suffered from a really badly scratched up chest, and in 2002 I bought RiD OP. While RiD OP has a nice shiny chrome chest, the rest of the colours on the toy are inferior to FC's (not to mention those stupid split tyres thanks to Hasbro's choice of cheap rubber). Today I opened both toys up and swapped their chest plates, so now my Fire Convoy has a new shiny chrome chest with the rest of the figure sporting superior colours to RID OP.

Kinda tempted to see if anyone has a junker RID OP torso for me to salvage the chest plate from. I just need the chrome to be in good nick and couldn't care less about the rest of the figure. Hhmmm...
Old 23rd April 2018, 07:03 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Marvel TF comic book creator surnames Iíve been getting wrong for 30 years!

Legendary Tf creator Bob Budiansky is pronounced boo-dee-ANN-skee
Artist Herb Trimpe is TRIM-pee
Writer Jim Salicrup I got right: SAL-i-krupp
Letter Jim Massara is ma-SAR-a
Editor Ralph Macchio (no relation to the Karate Kid) is MA-kee-o
Old 23rd April 2018, 07:19 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Rearranging my collection, I discovered that MP Ravage has a nose bit that folds out to fill in the gap in the face. Always thought it looked weird but never looked into it further until I realised my YOTG version had the nose filled out
Old 23rd April 2018, 07:29 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I didn't know about "Trimpe" being "Trim-pee," but the others seem obvious to me. Although as a kid I used to mispronounce Budiansky as "Bud-DAN-skee." Of course, I used to mispronounce Grotusque as "Grow-tuss-kew" and Kylie Minogue was Kylie "Minnow-gew."
Old 24th April 2018, 03:25 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
Rearranging my collection, I discovered that MP Ravage has a nose bit that folds out to fill in the gap in the face. Always thought it looked weird but never looked into it further until I realised my YOTG version had the nose filled out
It certainly looks lot better with the nose folded out.
My tentative foray into Reviewing Movie Human alliance Characters: Coming Soon
Old 5th May 2018, 12:22 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

The Dinobot Enigma is actually designed to slot into the open T-Rex maw on Volcanicus' chest.