Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Info and Activities > Ratbat's Transformers Reviews

Sightings/Sales

View Poll Results: POTP VOY Elita-1 - worth buying?
Yes 9 64.29%
Only if (cheap or something else) 1 7.14%
No 3 21.43%
Not even interested 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25th May 2018, 10:17 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

I find her arms don't close as well as starscream's meaning you might have the combiner peg locks move about too much but other than that she's eh, seems the mold as a whole is meh in general
Old 27th May 2018, 01:39 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

I like her face sculpt as most of the fembots just can't get over the orange plastics...
Old 30th May 2018, 09:15 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

First thing I did was take off almost all of the stickers - looks 100X better. Paint isn't sloppy on mine at all.

Also find the jet mode looks better with the fists put away for 'combined' mode, even though I think that means losing one tab...
Old 31st May 2018, 06:12 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Perplexing why they made the combiner foot out of orange plastic and then paint it almost completely black (except for *inside* a peg hole). If you want it black, why not mould it from black plastic like the Dinobots? If you want it to have that shiny painted look, why do it for her combiner feet and not the Dinobot's ones? Surely it adds unnecessarily to the cost?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!
Old 1st June 2018, 07:15 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
Perplexing why they made the combiner foot out of orange plastic and then paint it almost completely black (except for *inside* a peg hole). If you want it black, why not mould it from black plastic like the Dinobots? If you want it to have that shiny painted look, why do it for her combiner feet and not the Dinobot's ones? Surely it adds unnecessarily to the cost?
Probably still cheaper than doing a whole injection moulding just for the combiner feet - Elita doesnít have any black plastic parts at all to have shared a sprue with those feet
Old 1st June 2018, 09:36 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
Probably still cheaper than doing a whole injection moulding just for the combiner feet - Elita doesnít have any black plastic parts at all to have shared a sprue with those feet
That actually makes some sense.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!
Old 1st June 2018, 11:27 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
Both of you shut up with your logic!!

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
Old 1st June 2018, 02:31 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

So I agree with the jet mode vibes-totally trash, looks like a squashed robot with wings

However I love the robot mode-the sculpting makes her look both sleek but bulky, and I think the wings help give her awesome presence, along with the large rocket boot-heels. Headsculpt is great and the colours are wild but really pop, no issues with my robot mode stickers.
But the guns are so small (and the handles are a bit too short too)-if they were just 25% bigger it would be epic, OR if there were peg holes on her forearms, but alas, can't have everything.
Really hoping for a fembot combiner, I'd happily do 2 redecos of the same (new?) mold, so she can have symmetrical arms/legs.

Happy with this one!
Old 2nd June 2018, 03:58 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
First thing I did was take off almost all of the stickers - looks 100X better. Paint isn't sloppy on mine at all.
Could you, or anyone thatís done this, share some photos? Particularly the sticker-less jet mode?
Old 2nd June 2018, 05:32 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I hope for a Slipstream out of this mold too. I reckon her green and purples will just pop