Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Non-toy stuff

Sightings/Sales

Old 24th November 2017, 03:35 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kup View Post
They are mostly on Steam.

Oddly enough, if it's short is appealing to me as I don't have a lot of gaming time these days. If i were long, it would justify the Switch version but Steam will do.
Yeah I've heard it's got tons of great sequences and an ok story, but it's punishingly hard and not in the good Dark Souls way. I have no issue with cut scenes if it's showing me something cool or interesting.

Anyway I got GT Sport, Project Cars 2 (yes the Xbox version is included in Big W's sale despite what the catalogue says) and Ghost Recon Wildlands. All of which each need 10 to 15gbs of updates. Good thing Telstra has changed me over to an unlimited plan, too bad my speed isn't great.
Old 24th November 2017, 06:19 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

There's a lot of good PS4 games on sale for Black Friday, it's a great time to stock up.

Big W has most of the first-party games at $20: Uncharted 4, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Wipeout Omega Collection, Everybody's Golf, Knack II, Ratchet & Clank

While JB Hi Fi has a lot of others at $24: Drive Club, Last of Us, Diablo III, Journey, God of War III, Heavy Rain & Beyond Two Souls, No Man's Sky, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, The Last Guardian

Not to mention that earlier this afternoon, JB Hi Fi had GT Sport and the PS4 controller for $69!
Old 25th November 2017, 04:45 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

JB had the Switch on sale for $399 yesterday so I caved. Got MK8 to have a go at and it's fun, if a little easy.

Is Splatoon 2 any good?
Old 25th November 2017, 07:37 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
JB had the Switch on sale for $399 yesterday so I caved. Got MK8 to have a go at and it's fun, if a little easy.

Is Splatoon 2 any good?
Splatoon 2 is an acquired taste. I bought it for my son months ago but he and I just haven't gotten into it.
Old 25th November 2017, 10:59 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:

Is Splatoon 2 any good?
remember to turn off driver assist.
Old 26th November 2017, 06:29 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kup View Post
remember to turn off driver assist.
Yeah that got me for a while. Couldn't figure out what was going on.
Old 26th November 2017, 09:34 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Got MK8 to have a go at and it's fun, if a little easy.
Also remember the game gets harder as you increase from 50cc through to 200cc. Personally I feel 200cc ruins the feel of the series as it requires lots of use of the breaks instead of powersliding but 150cc and mirror are great challenges that feel true to the series.
Old 26th November 2017, 03:14 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
Also remember the game gets harder as you increase from 50cc through to 200cc. Personally I feel 200cc ruins the feel of the series as it requires lots of use of the breaks instead of powersliding but 150cc and mirror are great challenges that feel true to the series.
Yeah 200cc surprised me. I haven't played a Nintendo since the 64 (which I still have, but it looks like garbage on my TV). I tried it almost immediately and came 5th in the Flower Cup. Considering I haven't played MK in at least 10 years, had no idea of how the game really worked and had absolutely no idea about the tracks, I thought even that was a bit easy... or I'm just THAT good

Keen to pick up Zelda now.
Old 28th November 2017, 07:52 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
I tried it almost immediately and came 5th in the Flower Cup. Considering I haven't played MK in at least 10 years, had no idea of how the game really worked and had absolutely no idea about the tracks, I thought even that was a bit easy... or I'm just THAT good
5th isn't good in Mario Kart. The gameplay design in Mario Kart is setup so you should be coming in the top 3 at worst. The AI and pickups are rubber banding mechanics designed to have you either in first or close to it without getting a huge lead. Get too bigger lead, you'll get hit with a blue shell and the AI will speed up. If you're too far back in the pack and you'll get an invincibility star plus the AI will slow down.

Anyway I'm going to be interested in a couple of weeks when everyone's GOTY awards get released to see who puts what game as their GOTY. I'm thinking it's going to be a three way fight this years between Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey and PUBG, though some outlets won't consider PUBG because it's 1.0 release is coming in late December.
Old 28th November 2017, 09:15 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

yeah that'll be an interesting list. There've been some really good games across all platforms this year.
my favourite this year has been Prey.
Haven't played a great many that have come out, though I'm looking to get South Park, and maybe Wolfenstein after Christmas. Destiny 2 has been fun, not enough time in Battlefront 2 to judge yet though.