Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Non-toy stuff

Sightings/Sales

Old 13th March 2018, 01:34 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
I've played some Burnout Paradise Remastered today thanks to my EA Access sub. It's a very faithful remaster with basically nothing changed that I can tell which is totally a good thing in the case of Burnout Paradise.

EDIT: And as of the end of my 10 hour trial I collected all 50 jumps, 120 billboards and 400 gates in the base game and was about half way through my A Class License. What a pain that I can't keep playing until next Thursday at 11pm when the game releases.
Burnout Paradise is probably my favourite racing game ever. I have it on PC. Aside from the DLC (which never made its way onto PC) would it be worth getting? You can already max out the resolution on the PC and similar.
Old 13th March 2018, 09:54 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
Burnout Paradise is probably my favourite racing game ever. I have it on PC. Aside from the DLC (which never made its way onto PC) would it be worth getting? You can already max out the resolution on the PC and similar.
Since I've only ever owned the game on Xbox 360 it's a huge upgrade for me going from 720p60 to 4k60.

The biggest changes are resolution, colour vibrancy and cleaner textures, other than that it's the same game. It's extremely faithful to the original.

I think it's going to be a $40 game on PC when it comes out in a few months and EA gives refunds on Origin if you're not happy with the game. I'd say if you're getting the remaster on PC then buy it, see if it's a big enough upgrade for you and if it's not return it.

Also I really suggest only hitting up the DLC after you have unlocked all the normal cars and are deep into the game. It breaks the progression to go right to some of the fastest cars.
Old 15th March 2018, 02:16 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Here's Digitalfoundry's analysis of Burnout Paradise remastered, PC vs Xbox One X and base Xbox One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S64j...cz-g2-3n31Um-6
Old 15th March 2018, 04:23 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I loved Burnout Paradise, it may not be the best Burnout but it was my favourite map overall, especially with the dlc.

However $50 is too much for a new coat of paint. Iíll be waiting till it drops to $30 ish even though I am yet to find a driving game on the PS4 I enjoy.
Old 15th March 2018, 04:52 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kup
Thanks but I'd rather show the finish product when I am ready.
I think it may be ready enough to show concept:

https://www.facebook.com/ruben.romer...35?pnref=story
Old 15th March 2018, 09:39 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

bought the War Of The Chosen expansion for XCOM 2 and started a new campaign. I like a lot of the additions but hot damn is it a bit overwhelming at the start. Can barely go a day scanning before something happens.
Old 18th March 2018, 01:22 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

This is a bit annoying. Sonic Mania is getting a re-release later this year as Sonic Mania Plus. I guess Sega wants to keep selling the game over and over again like Capcom with Street Fighter games.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/16/17...rs-encore-mode
Old 18th March 2018, 04:47 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
This is a bit annoying. Sonic Mania is getting a re-release later this year as Sonic Mania Plus. I guess Sega wants to keep selling the game over and over again like Capcom with Street Fighter games.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/16/17...rs-encore-mode
It's a free update to the base game. I might double dip on a switch copy so I can have it on a cart
Old 18th March 2018, 08:21 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
It's a free update to the base game. I might double dip on a switch copy so I can have it on a cart
Are you sure it's a free update cause Polygon says pricing for the update will be announced at later time?

Quote:
Sega said that a digital update for the original game will be released at the same time, though pricing for that upgrade will be announced later.
Old 19th March 2018, 02:14 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Are you sure it's a free update cause Polygon says pricing for the update will be announced at later time?
Vooks claimed it was free and being called an update/upgrade and not DLC supports that, but no offical word it seems.