Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Shockwave: Autobot City

Question Project Shockwave: Autobot City

Here is your chance to be part of Transformers history.

If you were designing your perfect Transformers Autobot City, what are the key components you would like to see?

Is it the landing bay?

Is it where Springer, Kup, HotRod, Arcee and Daniel fired the cannon launcher at Devastator

Is it the communications tower?

Is it a comms room?

Please let me know what you would love to see in an Autobot Playset for your classics/G1 figures.

Thanks, UM

The corridor where Starscream nearly gets boxed in and has to put a hole in his foot to escape.

&

The gallery of 'windows' where Blurr moans about shooting Decepticons out of the sky only to have them at the gates.

All the transforming bits from The Movie.

Oh man it has to be the comms room Rumble & Frenzy busted into before molesting Perceptor & Blaster. Would be so epic having the two street punks smashing through the top with DL Blaster desperately trying to send a distress call while Perceptor prepares himself for the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Oh man it has to be the comms room Rumble & Frenzy busted into before molesting Perceptor & Blaster. Would be so epic having the two street punks smashing through the top with DL Blaster desperately trying to send a distress call while Perceptor prepares himself for the inevitable.
    This. One of my favorite scenes. Love when Perceptor is scared of rumble crashing in.

Man the city, if in scale with classics figs will be gigantic!

I think lots of towers that open up with guns, guns, guns- cannons.
    Also the main ramps with sliding hatches.

In the movie, the scene right after where Kup and Hot Rod run over the insecticons, there's an overhead shot of Autobot city in "transformed" or what I see it as compact/defense mode- with all extensions/hinges folded in/ all doors shut/ all cannons out. That scene represents that imo.

Also a must is an eventual "classics" Metroplex that links on in city mode.

I second the insecticon scene, with double closing doors, , retracting ramp and flying hotrod/cup.

I love the scene where Optimus sends Megatron crashing down with a double hammer fist.

Plus that long stretch of road where he smashes through the decepticons and transforms acrobatically i the air and firing down vengence and gunning everyone else down.

what would also be great is in scale autobot shuttles. a normal one, and the one with the hole in the side.

I have an idea of the city looking like a big H arrangements with minor components (usually sentry pods, rockets launchers, radar stuff, solar towers, lifts) attached to the main H shape

1) Shuttle landing bay area with a causeway leading from the left side front to the main city ( not so long just enough)

2) Main entrance with retractable bridge and closing security doors - the insecticons vs hotrod/kup scene

3) Main tower where UM and others look and survey the incoming enemies at the very top, below it could be the computer room - fits 4-5 deluxe bots and below are "generic floors" - with windows ( some with turrets) where Blurr is firing at the decepticons - about 2-3 levels with a workiing lift - kinda like that of the gobots doggie base, simple and no battery needed heheeh

4) 4 - 6 towers scattered in the H complex which "transform" into turrets, cannons and missle launchers interconnected by floating "highways" so that autobots can transform and roll around like a modern city should be hehehe
    with platforms attacheable in various places for variations

5) a forward main cannon tower below the computer room on the main tower - above the main entrance - the one which devastator bitch slaps - "moves in for the kill"

6) Communication tower at the left wing where Blaster and the cassetrons bitchslaps each other heheheh- comes with clear plastic dome and big rotating radar dish with detacheable feature to simulate being broken by the cassetrons)

7) A repair bay/ invention room/laboratory at the right wing part of the complex so that ratchet/wheeljack and perceptor can fix their buddies and do some mad scientist stuff. about 2 - 3 beds, monitors, cranes and robotic repair arms and scanners big enough to fit an Ultra bot too.

8) a holding pen/cell for captured bots at the back part of the complex - could be separate from the main H complex connected with plates as a highway/walkway- the bars colud be clear yellow or blue to simulate energy laser bars as a feature.

9) plenty of standalone sentry blaster units with radar , missle launcher or laser cannon scattered around the base for perimeter defense.

Well that's it for now, Ill see if I can draw this ideas to make it more clearer heheheh this project has me so excited!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I'd like to see:

- Retracting ramp entry where Hot Rod and Kup run over the Insecticons

- The water feature road where Optimus Prime drives from the Shuttle to the city before his heroic one-bot fight against the Decepticons

- The communications tower (Blaster's room)

- The ruined sections of the final battle of Prime v Megs

I concur with the above ideas, but id also like to see the auto turret that Devastator crushes before pounding the wall
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------