Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting my TF collection (3rd time now)

Red face Starting my TF collection (3rd time now)

Hi fellow Ozformers Members,

First time using this forum and just recently started recollecting. I used to have an account on TheyAreAmongUs, but stopped ever since I lost my 2nd collection of Transformers before the site ultimately closed.
    I had Alternator OP for a while and just recently purchased MP-03 Grim and Gen Metro. That's pretty much it for now and hopefully get my hands on a 3rd Party Combiner (haven't decided yet).

Thanks for viewing my post. You can stop reading here and say Hi.

But if you want to know more about me just continue.

History,
    My first ever TF was G1 Bumblebee, in '88 I had an operation and he was my get well prezzy.
    I started my 1st collection with G1 and G2, had 200+ in '94. Lost the lot due a house fire but miraculously G1 Bumblebee survived charred but transformable.
    I started my 2nd collection with my Bro, I got Polar Claw and he got OP Bat and Meg Croc 2pack for Xmas. It grew to near complete BW, BW2, BM, RID, also imported a couple of BWNeo like Lio Convoy MISB.
    I lost that collection when living abroad in Vietnam and my Aunt decided to sell the lot when her house got repossessed.

My favourite TF of all time is G1 Jetfire. (Macross/Robotech crossover)
    Other things I collect are Robotech+Macross and a couple Gundam kits.

Thanks for sticking around and hope you can drop a comment.

Cheers

Welcome! Sad to hear about your other 2 collections but great that you're back collecting again. You have since nice pieces to start with.

Hi, welcome!

I stopped for a while, then had my TFs stolen, and it got back into collecting again haha, so no stranger to start and stopping too .. recently I started collecting more 3rd party TFs which pay homage to the original G1s ... We have quite a few threads on various 3P combiners which you should check out too

There's a sub section with a thread about Macross stuff from yamato/bandai you might be interested as well when you get a chance to browse around.

Have fun!

Man, all that bad luck really sucks... and yet it keeps drawing you back in.
    I hope this time it's third time lucky.

Welcome

damn.... that's a lot of TFs lost there.... and a fire at that- hate fire's it's horrible - with being burgled, at least some may be left and no property damage, but a fir, ugh that's harsh it leaves nothing behind....

Well third times the charm they say... hopefully this time you can rekindle and repossess all the ones you liked from your previous collections, with Encore line and all it's easier now to get G1 figures., but be wary there are a lot of KOs out there now as well ;p.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear about your collections but at least you get to experience building a collection again
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Thanks for support guys. I have a family(budget) now so this time round my collection will grow at a limped snail's pace.
    Forgot to mention that I'm 31, and I play MWO and TF Legends app on my free time. Same signon name for both, add me if you play too!

Welcome to the forum and back to collecting. Very sorry to hear what happened to your collections. :/

Welcome to the boards !!!
    Welcome (back) to oblivion!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast