Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Transformer Treasure Chest - Tokyo, Japan

Here Ya go
    Taken from the Frum rules section

The specific part on sales
    Section 3 - Sales, Auctions & Dealer advertising

12 - TO PROTECT EXISTING MEMBERS FROM SCAMMERS, ACCESS TO THE SALEYARD IS ONLY BY APPROVED/VERIFIED MEMBERS.
    Limited posting of sales and auctions are allowed on this forum in the Saleyard and non-TFs sections, provided the sale conditions are clear, all offers by BUYERS are posted publicly before you work through the transaction (privately), and you honour the conditions.
    Since people sometimes sell up and leave, and in case they have little fear of penalties for breaking the rules, it is also up to BUYERS to make sure that they publicly post their interest before they PM the SELLER. This includes any extra items they add on later, as you must publicly note it in the sale topic after checking to see if someone else has already publicly reserved an item. We may not be able to stop a person leaving from breaking this rule, but we can take action against a BUYER who is staying.
    Sellers do not need to conduct the transaction publicly, but you can note if you are responding to a potential buyer by PM in case you want to cover yourself on a dispute later.

12a - If you aren't sure of an item's value and don't want to feel cheated later, do some research on ebay first or ask in the Price-Check topic. It can be best to list at a high-end price and then discount it, or publicly mention that you will accept 'near-enough' offers (which the BUYER needs to publicly post).
    If you prefer an Auction format, you can do that here as well (see the recommended format below), but it is best to use a dedicated site like Ebay, and then just promote it in the ebay/dealer section.
    Vague things like EOIs (expressions of interest) are not permitted in the Saleyard for single items - EOIs are only permitted in the Group Orders section to gauge the interest in a bulk order, and should only be done by someone prepared to go through with it.

13 - Toy dealers and online-stores can advertise, in moderation, in the ebay/dealer section. Newbies and Distant Sparks do not have access to the main Saleyard section, to protect members from scammers who may join up, list something and take the money and run. Newly activated Members may have their sale posting closed down if they are still fairly new to this board and haven't interacted as a fan yet/much.

14 - If you are under 15 years old, SELLING here by you is not permitted.
    You must have a parent/guardian/adult-member SELL and communicate on your behalf. If you are wanting to PURCHASE from someone here, it is up to the discretion of the seller to sell to a member under 15 years old, but the seller should state it beforehand in their sales post - ask the seller if they will sell to you. It is their right to refuse you, so accept their decision.

15 - All purchases remain your own responsibility. If you don't know someone well enough to risk it, don't buy from them. If you do buy something, communicate politely if there is a delay. Don't start accusations or complain too soon. If patience and communication don't work, contact a third party to help sort out the problem - DON'T argue about it publicly.

16 - If you are selling stuff here, make sure you take the job seriously, especially if you are selling multiple items, so that EVERY step of EVERY trade is recorded and trackable. When dealing with (other people's) money, you can't take short-cuts or keep half-assed records.

17 - Posting about Unauthorised toys and accessories that specifically target the Transformers Brand and/or established Characters, is only permitted in the Unauthorised Products section. Limited awareness of Counterfeit (Knock Off) Transformers is also allowed, to help other fans identify a fake when trying to purchase a legit figure.
    It is recommended that you don't acquire copies of media that has been officially released, or copies of a toy that can be found fairly easily or could be passed off as the real thing. Preventing sales of official media and toys is not condoned, nor is the deception of passing off copies of media and toys as the real things. If you obtain an unauthorised copy of media that hasn't been officially released, it should be for YOUR personal use, and replaced with an official copy when officially released. Counterfeit toys should not be be re-sold as if it is the legit toy.

18 - Members are discouraged from advertising, promoting or condoning illegal activity that specifically relates to Transformers. This includes such things as Counterfeit toys (Knock Offs), unauthorised copies of official media, and replica weapon toys (like Megatron) in states that prohibit them (or to people that are not allowed to own one). If you intend to acquire illegal items, search for them off-site (like through google), or privately from a known source. This rule is to protect yourself from prosecution, and to prevent this site from being shut down for facilitating criminal activity. Minimal discussion or suggestive comments may be tolerated to a point, and the Staff or Admin are entitled to limit or terminate discussions & sourcing of illegal material, at any time. It is your responsibility to determine if ownership of replica weapon Transformers are legal in your state, and admitting to ownership is at your own risk.
    Price Scamming is also classed as being illegal here, as something that shouldn't be mentioned or boasted about on this board. If you convince a store to sell an item at the price of a different size/class of item, then that is fraud. If a store lists a price incorrectly in their computer or on a shelf tag, it is their error, and you could even inform them of it.

19 - Toy Scalping on this forum is prohibited. If you are found to be buying up hard-to-find toys and reselling them at a huge markup on this forum, your sale postings will be deleted, and you may be removed as well if that is the only reason you are a member here. If it is proven that a member is locating certain figures from our sightings section, to sell elsewhere, they will also be removed. We discourage toy scalping in general, as this community has prospered from fans helping fellow fans find items without having to pay a scalper extra for it.

Thumbs up

Ahhh....I see. Thanks for that Tetsuwan Convoy. Sorry to the forums for breaking (?) the rules. I got a bit carried away.
    I have moved restart my thread suggesting/offering I help members track down figures here :

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...091#post448091

Hope to here from you guys.

Wade
    Transformers Treasure Chest

Quote Originally Posted by TransformerTreasureChest View Post
    Hey Slag. (Glad you didn't change your name to Slug),

Let me know when you're ready for bot hunt over here in Japan and I'll start sniffing' !

Wade
    Cool.. I put a post in your other thread... I already changed the name once, better not do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Deno View Post

" this is one of the droids i am looking for"
    That's exactly what i was going to write when i saw this thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slag View Post
    Cool.. I put a post in your other thread... I already changed the name once, better not do it again

That's exactly what i was going to write when i saw this thread!!

Slag "that is very Cool" cheers

Hey wade, welcome to the site
    I'm actually currently in Yokohama (but only on vacation, back to Victoria next month) but it's good to know there are other Aussie transformer fans around should I get lonely haha.
    Best of luck with your new business