Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gday from a newb

Default Gday from a newb

Hi Guys, my names Josh,

Longtime fan, but haven't collected in years. For some reason watching the latest movie the other night has resparked me and im starting again.

Unfortunately what little of a collection I have still is from when I was younger and very well played with.
    Restarting the collection by chasing Soundwave, my all time favourite but was stolen years ago. See how I go from there.

G'day! Welcome.
    In terms of Soundwave there are a couple ways to go about, but by the sounds of things, you'd prefer the G1 toy? If so, my advice would be to look for a decently priced Soundwave Reissue. They're not that rare on ebay, and the most I'd pay for a Reissue Soundwave would maybe be $75 shipped? Around there.

As a popular character, Soundwave has been in almost every Transformers series so if the G1 reissue isn't what you're wanting, there is a variety mate.

If you're looking to buy stuff from other collectors or any further question, there are sections to meet most your needs, so feel free to ask away.

hi there! welcome! and good luck finding soundwave!

Is it safe to mention Masterpieces around newbies?

And hi!
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

nothing wrong with masterpieces, cant go wrong if you have instructions right? haha

Thanks guys.

Eyeing off a reissue on evilbay atm, a genuine g1 would be great eventually but atleast the reissue I won't be as scared of taking it out of the box.

I'm still trying to catch up on all the series, I dot remember it being so complicated as a kid haha. The Masterpiece series seems pretty hard to come by? Joys of living regional is there is bugger all choice. Had a sticky beak around the shops today and there is little to no choice even in the new movie figures.

Need to reread my email as to how to get access to the member sales.

Mabuhay! and Welcome to the forum!.

You can't go wrong with starting with Soundwave. He's my first TF ever. (I still have him in good enough condition hehehe) As everyone has said, there has been a lot of reissues of him. There has been the one with the double chest mold. BUt if you want the one akin to what it was in the 80s the look for the Encore Version. Good thing about Encore is that it's also cheap for a reissue. Good luck! Doesn't matter if your collection is small as long as its well loved. Enjoy the forum. oh you get to access the sales thread when your ranking has gone up. keep interacting and prove that your not some overnighter spark, a troublemaker, or some other negative forumer and the mods do take note of that , pretty soon youll get upgraded in rank to be able to access the sales threads. There has been incidents in the past which is why these precautions have been put in place.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!
    Glad you've decided to join us.

Very sad to hear of your stolen Soundwave, if you'd like some assistance in tracking down a suitable replacement? - I'm sure I and many others would be more than willing to help.

Liege is on the ball with regards to the differences between the reissue & original versions of the Soundwave mold - I personally hate the double-deck version, a repaint/retool of the Japanese G1 Soundblaster figure which in of itself is a repaint/retool of the original G1 Soundwave , but each is to his own.

Thanks guys!

Its proving difficult to decide on which version to go for, the reissue for $70 seems good value, but a MP would be sweet aswell, just need to add another 100 to the price haha.

Wayy too many options. So in the mean time I picked up an evasion prime to get me going again, once I decide on a soundwave I might go for a YOTH optimus

hopefully get a chance to pick up whats left of my original collection soon and ill get some pics up.

All these KOs and 3rd party stuff make things hard.
    But got a few bots on there way! Pics soon hopefully