Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2010 MOTU & Ghostbusters Info

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Default SDCC 2010 MOTU & Ghostbusters Info

Well, I gotta say... I'm pretty excited by the reveals.

First off - GHOSTBUSTERS CLASSICS:

The Club Ecto-1 exclusive is a Marshmallow covered Ray (with particle stream).

We have a new Winston from GB2 with the Slime Thrower pack, also a new Court Room Peter (GB2) and one of the Scoleri Brothers.

Also, the GB2 4-pack has the guys with Santa hats (I presume they're removable), and a 'non-slimed' Peter and Egon (with PKE meter) grom GB1 is also confirmed. There's also a bunch of cool GB2 accessories for the 12" figures. Then there's the Retro Real Ghostbusters figures and the prop PKE Meter, which I've already posted about elsewhere.

Finally, we have my favourite... Louis Tully - possessed and looking cool, with a Terror Dog head no less.

Okay, now... MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS:

New figures confirmed... Roboto, Buzz Off, Bow, Battle Armour Skeletor, Conan I mean Vikor, King Grayskull, Disguised He-Man and Cosmic Key (character from the POG Mini Comic - this is the Club Exclusive), King Hiss, Eternian Palace Guards, Shadowbeast, and there are a couple of DCUC/MOTUC 2-packs (Stratos/Hawkman and Mer-Man/Aquaman).

Mattel also confirmed we will have our first MOTUC vehicle next year! Kewl!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Kewl!!
    Kewl indeed. King Hiss is beautiful and I love the Palace Guard snake head. I've already signed up for my MOTU up-to-$1000AU-debt-after-shipping-depending-on-currency-rates subscription for the next year and I'll be glad to get Disguised Preternian He-Man since he's one of the better reveals. The gun he has in front of him is definitely inspired by something that's right next to me on my desk - Bionatops's right gun. It would be awesome if one of the beasts next year was a Powers Of Grayskull toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Mattel also confirmed we will have our first MOTUC vehicle next year! Kewl!!
    And allegedly it's Battle Ram and the Sky Sled!

That is the best news to come out of SDCC by far. The figure reveals were cool but the Battle Ram is just outstanding

That looks wicked!!!

Man, I hope we get more - I love the MOTU vehicles! That's fantastic.

I really really hope it does well... it might mean we can get an Ecto-1 for the GBs too.

It has been said that the Battle Ram is just a mock up by the Four Horesmen to show Mattel and it is not an official Mattel product.......yet

Just when I think I'm off the MOTUC bandwagon they drag me back in!

So, okay, according to the girl in this video, if we buy the PKE Meter and it's really successful, we have a chance of seeing more props... including a Proton Pack.

I hereby order everybody in Australia to buy one!!! Me wants a Proton pack bad...

Here's a demo of what it does.

snazzy, I may have to buy that.

Also, those retro Real GB figs, what size are they? (Very tempted by Egon!)

I'm happy to see the new MOTUC figures and sad knowing I cannot afford them.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose