Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Figure Subscription Service Is Go

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    That pricing is not too bad. It's on par with a BotCon box set. Just shame there's no nice box (or any box).
    Yeah but they characters and paint jobs are not really interesting enough to make me want to pay those prices. If they had been as interesting as say Botcon 06 characters, I would be all over them.

The shipping cost is actually quite reasonable. I'm surprised!

I'm totally in for Slipstream, Circuit and Ultra Mammoth. I have a month or so to think about it...

that is a little more expensive then i thought they would be... shipping is a killer.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Or in other words it is at the very least going to be $400 for five Deluxes and an Ultra (or $70ish for each toy). If you're going to go in with a friend for shipping or want to try being a scalper, it might be more cost efficient to order two or three subscriptions at once.
    There's also + $82 for cost of 2013 membership + $3 online processing charge (as opposed to paying in person? ). $485 for 7 figs is still $70ish for each toy, unfortunately Classics Depthcharge does nothing for me either. Too bad they won't do a bulk shipment at the end of the year - I understand that they probably don't have a large warehouse, but there was potential to cut costs for consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    I think I will wait til they show up on eBay. I only want 2 of the figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Out of interest, let's see what toys we would be after in but please note that even if we do find a way to do a group order, I would not be in it. I only mildly like these figures so to me, they are not worth the $50+ asking price.

Kup:
    - Circuit
    - Slipstream
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Ditto,

The only one that remotely interests me is Slipstream (As there are so few Decepticon/Predacon/Vehicon Fembots) but at $50+ a figure? - Bah!
    I'd only be in it for Scourge + Slipstream. From the sample reactions in this thread, it seems like Slipstream may end up going for $120+ on eBay.

Aaaannnd Preorders for Slipstream are sold out on BBTS.

Damn scalper scum. It's her, Scourge and Ultra Mammoth I want.

Seriously. I've been praying for an Ultra Magnus repaint of the Big Convoy mold for ..like ten years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Because of my past experience with the club, they won't see my $ for this (as I will NEVER re-join the club even if want the toys)
    This +1

I am a bit concerned by this part of their rules in the email
    7. If you pick a shipping service that does not include insurance or if you don’t pick the insurance, we do not have any responsibility for replacement of lost or damaged or misdirected orders.
    So if you get a dud figure with slow postage, then no replacement? Or damaged during shipping? To which are they referring to I wonder.

So, subscribing to the figures also doesn't automatically make you a member? And their online processing fee was supposed to just cover costs of their shop when they first got the online thing set up.

And that's why I will not give them my cash. Oh and also coz of boring toys and piss poor magazine.

It looks like the club has gone from being a club to becoming a shop now there is no other reason to join aside from exclusive toys by the looks of things.

sooo, who's getting a sub? I will be getting at least one, hell I may be a arsehole scalper & buy two to sell the second on Evilbay
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

This was what I was looking for...

FSS shipments cannot be combined or shipped with any other in-stock or
    pre-ordered items from the Transformers Collectors' Club Store.
    Despite what they said at BotCon...

toys would be shipped in blocks to save on shipping costs. So, one may be released each month, but would only be shipped out every 3- 6 months (if selected).
    Combined shipping was going to be the only reason anyone outside of America would even consider this, otherwise it is a tripling of the "two toys per year" structure they were currently running at.... and those toys were in fancy boxes. These are supposed to just be in baggies to (as they said at BotCon) "save on shipping".

They were able to produce Deluxe figures to sell for $30 without a box, and $45 with a box... why are these $47 each in a bag. Even if you knock off a couple dollars from the 5 Deluxes to pay for the Ultra, it is still $40+ for each Deluxe, in a baggie like the annual Membership toys (which they sell for $25-30, for profit).
    After making a killing on the recent store exclusives (for $60-70 each, despite having previous ones for as low as $45), they are certainly adding a healthy profit margin on these ones too.

I'll post up a EOI topic in the Group Orders section, to see if there are any full sets we can put together for Australians (which one person can then offer to subscribe and forward the rest to others).

...And suddenly, 3rd party asking prices didn't look so bad after all.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    sooo, who's getting a sub? I will be getting at least one, hell I may be a arsehole scalper & buy two to sell the second on Evilbay
    I wonder if this will gain much scalper interest.
    They are made to order, so aren't going to run out (a scalper's dream), and they are so expensive for a Deluxe toy in a bag (remember, Deluxes in America are $10-15 IN packaging). If any figures are high demand and others are really low demand, it will also make it difficult to offload a lot of extra figures if a scalper buys up several sets. (kinda like a retail case assortment with half being Bumblebee - online stores have to sell those cheap, while charging more for the remaining figures to offset it)

They also mention that the extras will be sold on their site for considerably more (as an incentive to pre-order all six). Just how much more can they charge for a Deluxe in a baggie.