View Poll Results: POTP VOY Hun-Gurrr - worth buying?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 100.00%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested in it

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - POTP VOY Hun-Gurrr

Default Toy Review - POTP VOY Hun-Gurrr

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

Hun-Gurrr
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Power of the Primes
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - new
    Wave - 2
    Released here - not yet (Asia & America FEB 2018)
    Approximate Retail Price - (about AU$50) US$25
    Approximate Size - 20cm?
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - two-headed beast
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner core
    Main Colours - grey, light grey, purple
    Main Accessories - 2 x combiner foot, purple/gold Enigma

I find the robot mode to be not particularly inspiring but I am loving how poseable his creature mode is!

I didn't even really want this guy but kind of bought him on autopilot when I got Elita because hey, new TF. But I absolutely love him and he's made me a Terrorcon fan. Immediately imported a Rippersnapper and can't wait for the rest. I'm not usually a fan of beast-ish alt modes but Hun-Gurrr made me see the error of my ways.

The monster mode is fine but to my eyes the robot mode looks really skinny. Maybe I'm not used to seeing this mold without wings sticking out the back

On the back of the box, two of the inset photos have Hun-Gurrr missing his head!

I don't like the idea of stickers on Voyager class figures. Hun-Gurrr doesn't have a single tampo printed Decepticon insignia. The knees and feet on my copy are loose. Therefore, I wouldn't be too pleased if I paid full price.

The figure itself is fun to transform and the Abominus core mode seems quite stable. Not a fan of the flimsy antennae. Again, the stickers are disappointing.

I've managed to warm to the robot mode except for those little out of proportion feet. Of the decepticon insignias, I like the pink one with the purple background because it reminds me of those G1 stickers that needed to be revealed by heat and wish the other three of Hun-gurrr's insignias were like so.

His monster mode would be a more impressive Godzilla villain if they got rid of the underside kibble. The stability of this mode is quite impressive when reared up on it's hind legs with the not so hollow tail acting as a counterweight to the two heads. Sadly though, the kibble is even more revealed and unsightly when posed like so.