Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FOC demo for PS3 & XBOX 31st July

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Yeah, 60degrees ain't gonna cut it, you need more around 230 degrees. Here is the first of a 3 part YouTube vid on how to fix. Pretty much exactly what I did. Works a treat!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ic1...e_gdata_player
    Bro, I owe you one!! My heat gun can only do 60 or 600C so I thought what the hell, if my PS3 is gonna die it may as well go out in style. One fire alarm set off and a few concentrated blasts of ye olde heat gun later and...We're back in business!! I shielded myself with my dressing gown before powering it on just in case but waddayaknow...It just works.

If this also stops my PS3 fan from going from level 1 to 5 after 10 minutes I'll be very happy indeed!

Downloading the FoC demo now thanks to you. Cheers bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Bro, I owe you one!! My heat gun can only do 60 or 600C so I thought what the hell, if my PS3 is gonna die it may as well go out in style. One fire alarm set off and a few concentrated blasts of ye olde heat gun later and...We're back in business!! I shielded myself with my dressing gown before powering it on just in case but waddayaknow...It just works.

If this also stops my PS3 fan from going from level 1 to 5 after 10 minutes I'll be very happy indeed!

Downloading the FoC demo now thanks to you. Cheers bud!
    Glad to be of service!!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Yeah, I looked for this last night on PSN but like others have said, it wasn't available. I hope to get it before the weekend so I can have a play.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Tried to log on to PSN tonight and found I had to do yet another system update. Do they really need to happen so often? (But at least not as bad as Apple!)

Now that's out of the way, the FOC demo is downloading.

Update:

I'd watched a video of the Bumblebee demo level before, but it was fun to play. Mostly because being able to run around the Ark was a long awaited joy.

The Vortex level was quite good too. I liked the scale of the city and didn't want to follow Blast Off, I just wanted to hover around and have a look. It was more fun playing as Vortex than I expected, and the cutscene intro was an interesting look at the Combaticon team. (Makes me want those FOC toys more... )

Looking forward to the complete game. Might replay WFC over the next few weeks to get ready.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 2nd August 2012 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Tried to log on to PSN tonight and found I had to do yet another system update. Do they really need to happen so often? (But at least not as bad as Apple!)

Now that's out of the way, the FOC demo is downloading.
    Frequent updates + console susceptible to YLOD = Good chance of console bricking = Increased likelihood of $$ being spent on new console or repairs. Makes prefect business sense to me.

I just went through both Bumblebee and Vortex's campaign demos. Is the name High Moon indicative of how much crack they've been smoking to release a demo with gameplay we've already experienced for hours in WFC? Being able to play as Jazz, Grimlock etc would have made a lot more sense and would, you know, actually whet peoples appetite for the main course.

Anyone know if experience and leveling made during multiplayer will transfer to the full release? Don't want to spend hours leveling up just to have to start over when the full game comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    I just went through both Bumblebee and Vortex's campaign demos. Is the name High Moon indicative of how much crack they've been smoking to release a demo with gameplay we've already experienced for hours in WFC? Being able to play as Jazz, Grimlock etc would have made a lot more sense and would, you know, actually whet peoples appetite for the main course.
    But that would then take the hype out of the main feature that they have been pushing (in Grimlock' case). Since it seems each level is a different TF, a full level of Grimlock would mean that Grimbo is finished. No reason to buy the game now.

I wouldn't reveal my 'trump' card either, so not all that surprised it feels like WFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Anyone know if experience and leveling made during multiplayer will transfer to the full release? Don't want to spend hours leveling up just to have to start over when the full game comes out.
    I believe that High Moon's Twitter account has gone on the record to say that all experience/rankings obtained during the Demo will be reset upon full release, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    But that would then take the hype out of the main feature that they have been pushing (in Grimlock' case). Since it seems each level is a different TF, a full level of Grimlock would mean that Grimbo is finished. No reason to buy the game now.

I wouldn't reveal my 'trump' card either, so not all that surprised it feels like WFC.
    I would have to agree here.

My only gripe thus far is that the name "Bumblebee" is said far too many times during that tutorial level and the fact that BB is mute seems very much like a Hasbro decision too IMO.

I really enjoyed the demo and didn't mind it being not too far removed from WfC. It definitely looks more polished and the screenshots it shows after completing the demo stages have left me salivating.

I thought the inclusion of the triple changer section in the demo was a nice touch, and from what I've seen of the released gameplay footage so far I'm looking forward to a much more immersive experience than the last instalment.

Downloaded the demo last Friday but didn't get a chance to play it over the weekend. I did manage to watch one of the opening cutscenes and from what I saw, I'm impressed.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]