Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave confirmed for July 2013

Similar to with the Masterpiece Optimus toy last year, I spoke to ToysRUs for confirmation.... and yes, it is coming... yes, it is from Hasbro... and yes, it is spectacular.

Arriving in stores in June/July, is Soundwave for AU$150 (definitely not the JP version at that price).
    And it will be packed in a box that looks like a giant, blue (Soundwave) cassette player.
    No word on it's contents though.
    Since it is the same price as Masterpiece Optimus, it is likely to be US$100 in America.
    (reason why we haven't heard anything about this from Hasbro yet? - they don't often show off retailer exclusives at Retailer Toy Fairs, unless it is something special... so we might see it at the US Toyfair, but since BotCon is in June, we might not see much of this before it gets released)

Now that's not all...
    Bad news - no Sideswipe or Red Alert on the horizon. (doesn't necessarily mean they are not coming at all - just not before Soundwave)
    Good news - a second Hasbro Masterpiece is being released with it.

This is interesting timing for a Hasbro release of Soundwave to come to light, given that Takara's version is already shipping from the main online shops (including mine) within the last week. What will be the big curiosity is will there be any changes/additions to the accessories. Would be interesting to see if some of the upcoming masterpiece cassettes get added to a Hasbro release.

A pity about no Sideswipe or Red Alert, which is odd considering they I would imagine be cheaper than their incoming Decepticon figures. But if they are aiming for a popular figure and therefore get sales to test the water on their potential release, then Soundwave first is a logical choice

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Similar to with the Masterpiece Optimus toy last year, I spoke to ToysRUs for confirmation.... and yes, it is coming... yes, it is from Hasbro... and yes, it is spectacular.

Arriving in stores in June/July, is Soundwave for AU$150 (definitely not the JP version at that price).
    And it will be packed in a box that looks like a giant, blue (Soundwave) cassette player.
    No word on it's contents though.
    Since it is the same price as Masterpiece Optimus, it is likely to be US$100 in America.
    (reason why we haven't heard anything about this from Hasbro yet? - they don't often show off retailer exclusives at Retailer Toy Fairs, unless it is something special... so we might see it at the US Toyfair, but since BotCon is in June, we might not see much of this before it gets released)

Now that's not all...
    Bad news - no Sideswipe or Red Alert on the horizon. (doesn't necessarily mean they are not coming at all - just not before Soundwave)
    Good news - a second Hasbro Masterpiece is being released with it.
    Ok 150 for soundwave is a good price and I will be getting him 110%
    Also I might get acid storm since it most likely it's a repaint of the other seekers
    SOOOO STOKED!!!

I think the bulk of the JP Soundwave sales will have been made by now anyway, due to the hype and the expense... and the stragglers who get a toy later due to word of mouth, wouldn't be many.

I think TakaraTomy (and online stores) would have preferred a window of at least a month of "exclusivity", but the pre-order sales so far seem to be pretty good.

You've certainly come up trumps with the details on this one Griffin. I've left getting the Takara one alone so I can get a Hasbro one. Now I'm all excited and aprehensive - really hoping it's not short ordered like MP-10.

Hmmm. I got an FOC Soundwave for Christmas and been using him as my Classics Soundwave. But if this is getting a local release I may be tempted.

And by 'may', I mean will be getting this when it's released. Well if he's not huge.

Griffin with the major news, what a champ. I'm going to make the following assumptions:

1) Yellow eyes
    2) Will come with three cassettes - Laserbeak, Ravage and either red or blue cassette man.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    Ok 150 for soundwave is a good price and I will be getting him 110%
    Also I might get acid storm since it most likely it's a repaint of the other seekers
    SOOOO STOKED!!!
    hmm... the Takara Soundwave ended up costing about $175AU shipped so I'm actually not happy with how much the Hasbro version costs for us.

the Takara MP-10 was about $250 to get shipped here and the local Hasbro TRU was $150. (I got mine for $135)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    hmm... the Takara Soundwave ended up costing about $175AU shipped so I'm actually not happy with how much the Hasbro version costs for us.

the Takara MP-10 was about $250 to get shipped here and the local Hasbro TRU was $150. (I got mine for $135)
    Yeah but I have a feeling that the Hasbro version might come with more than 1 cassette.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

[/URL]
    OH. MY. FREAKING. GOD. I WANT IT JUST FROM HEARING THAT!!