Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Official Collector Club members listing.

I'm another Perth member, just renewed until 2015-02.

Does anybody else have trouble with delivery problems from FunPub?

I'm often (16 times since 2005) waiting 4 months or more to get the club mag, once they sent me the G.I.Joe one instead and they've lost the membership toy twice and I didn't get a replacement until October and a third time it had been crushed (not too badly) 'in transit' (no replacement ever being provided because they'd sold out before it even arrived with me).

Or is it just me?
    'The Spark's Willing, but the Metal's Fatigued'
    Ghost of Starscream

Quote Originally Posted by Ark-Ivor View Post

I'm often (16 times since 2005) waiting 4 months or more to get the club mag, once they sent me the G.I.Joe one instead and they've lost the membership toy twice and I didn't get a replacement until October and a third time it had been crushed (not too badly) 'in transit' (no replacement ever being provided because they'd sold out before it even arrived with me).

Or is it just me?
    I've never had any major issues, I changed my address on the site once but they still sent an issue to my old address. after many emails I never got it replaced and ended up getting Griffin to buy one for me at Botcon.

I'm waiting for something to go wrong with the subscription service figures, given the lacklustre way they're being sealed (3 self adhesive paper tabs) for international shipping it's amazing I haven't had any fall out or get stolen.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Or is it just me?
    Maybe check your address on their system. (if the address label on the envelope is missing something)
    When I first registered at the beginning, they didn't have a place for "State codes" because their "State" box was for American states, so I put the QLD next to the suburb in the Suburb box (so it prints out on the address label between suburb and postcode).
    Ever since they changed their system to allow for Australian states, I keep trying to change my address in their system, but it keeps including the QLD as part of the Suburb, so it ends up having it there twice.

The other thing to note is that my address labels only ever have "AU" on them instead of "Australia", so if the same is happening to you, maybe a combination of the two is causing the problem.
    (sometimes I get the feeling that the newsletters are sent in bulk somewhere, and then forwarded individually within Australia... if that is cheaper - if that is true, maybe yours keeps getting bulk-sent to the wrong location each time... maybe ask them if they do that, and if they do, ask them to fix it)

I'm still a member (though I sometimes question why ).

If people want stuff from the club store I am happy to help out, but considering my remote location in Australia (Swan Hill), by the time you chip in for shipping here and then postage from my place to yours it will prob cost the same as getting the item through BBTS

Still amember this year, I can help out with stuff if people are keen.

I may not renew next year, I'll have to see what the club figure will be.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Maybe check your address on their system. (if the address label on the envelope is missing something)
    When I first registered at the beginning, they didn't have a place for "State codes" because their "State" box was for American states, so I put the QLD next to the suburb in the Suburb box (so it prints out on the address label between suburb and postcode).
    Ever since they changed their system to allow for Australian states, I keep trying to change my address in their system, but it keeps including the QLD as part of the Suburb, so it ends up having it there twice.

The other thing to note is that my address labels only ever have "AU" on them instead of "Australia", so if the same is happening to you, maybe a combination of the two is causing the problem.
    (sometimes I get the feeling that the newsletters are sent in bulk somewhere, and then forwarded individually within Australia... if that is cheaper - if that is true, maybe yours keeps getting bulk-sent to the wrong location each time... maybe ask them if they do that, and if they do, ask them to fix it)
    Tried, tried and tried, told them that it should have Western Australia (not WA or Washington) and that its Western Australia, Australia (or AU as you point out), not Western, Australia. Emailed them, phoned them, been told on numerous occasions that my address is right and still always the same sometimes delivered/Always months late/sometimes never results.

They are bulk posted from their printers in Chicago, IL, mostly, but I've had three turn up with Norwegian postal marks on the envelopes and two with Canadian (my mother's a philatelist and apparently even those plain printed labels are collectable)...

Thanks for the suggestions though,

Anyway, I take it that it's mostly just me then. Good to know...
    'The Spark's Willing, but the Metal's Fatigued'
    Ghost of Starscream

Tried, tried and tried, told them that it should have Western Australia (not WA or Washington) and that its Western Australia, Australia (or AU as you point out), not Western, Australia. Emailed them, phoned them, been told on numerous occasions that my address is right and still always the same sometimes delivered/Always months late/sometimes never results.

They are bulk posted from their printers in Chicago, IL, mostly, but I've had three turn up with Norwegian postal marks on the envelopes and two with Canadian (my mother's a philatelist and apparently even those plain printed labels are collectable)...

Thanks for the suggestions though,

Anyway, I take it that it's mostly just me then. Good to know...
    It's actually me also. But instead of Western Australia, I have 'Other'.
    I have emailed them with regards to changing it but no response.

Default Official Collector Club members listing

Hey Guyz,

Been wanting to join for years... should I wait til March next year or bite the bullet and join now?

If you aren't planning to buy anything from them before the end of the year (like the Subscription set), I think joining in time for the next comic story is best, as their comic stories are 6-parts (which covers a 12 month period)... but in the last two years, they've had a 7-part story (adding a prelude), so it makes it impossible to get a full story with a single year's membership. And it makes it harder to guess when to start a membership to get the full comic story.
    For next year, the timing might actually end up being just right for the Membership toy, by registering just before the cut-off in Mid-March... as the current comic story should end in the Feb/Mar issue next year.

In other words, if you want the full comic story that should feature next year's "free" toy, sign up late February-early March... which will get you the 2015 toy and the beginning of that year's comic story that should feature it.

Otherwise, if you don't care about the comic story, register when it suits you best (for whatever you plan to buy from the Club - Subscription set, Convention registration, etc)... but it is still probably best to do it before March, or else you will be waiting about 15 months for the "free" toy (they get released around June, but you would get the 2016 toy if you miss the March 2015 deadline).

Default Official Collector Club members listing

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If you aren't planning to buy anything from them before the end of the year (like the Subscription set), I think joining in time for the next comic story is best, as their comic stories are 6-parts (which covers a 12 month period)... but in the last two years, they've had a 7-part story (adding a prelude), so it makes it impossible to get a full story with a single year's membership. And it makes it harder to guess when to start a membership to get the full comic story.
    For next year, the timing might actually end up being just right for the Membership toy, by registering just before the cut-off in Mid-March... as the current comic story should end in the Feb/Mar issue next year.

In other words, if you want the full comic story that should feature next year's "free" toy, sign up late February-early March... which will get you the 2015 toy and the beginning of that year's comic story that should feature it.

Otherwise, if you don't care about the comic story, register when it suits you best (for whatever you plan to buy from the Club - Subscription set, Convention registration, etc)... but it is still probably best to do it before March, or else you will be waiting about 15 months for the "free" toy (they get released around June, but you would get the 2016 toy if you miss the March 2015 deadline).
    Thanks for the info Griffin