Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JP Combiner Wars coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    can't post the link but no Alpha Bravo, all 5 jets with Slingshot looks awesome
    This is on TFW2005

Thumbs up

thanks Paul

Colour me interested in that Takara Superion set, pending information on price.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Oh yeah
    I knew Takara would come through. Happy to have the Hasbro version though and might keep them in robot/alt mode while Takara version stays in combiner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    thanks Paul
    It was such a tantalising tease. I had to get on Google and find out what you'd seen

I've cancelled my preorder of Hasbro Stunticons based on this, and may have a few spare Hasbro Aerialbots in a week or two.

Hmmm I'm not sure I need this. Quite happy with Alpha Bravo, and while Firefly is my favourite of the jets (so far) - I'm not sure I need to double up on the design... (But I do collect for characters, not moulds damnit)

Not really liking that yellow on Silverbolt, or really fussed with the new decos on the others... Could just be a print-scan colour variance but it seems a little garish for my tastes. I like how it appears they've painted each of his alt mode windows though.... (Again, just not the colour)

Cool, actually looks much nicer than the Hasbro version I think. I really hated how they had alpha bravo and a helicopter. Even though Slingshot looks to be a repaint of firefly, it's all good. Helicopter for a proper combiner wars Defensor would be nice though.

The hands and feet look better too ... of course can always get 3rd party ones which look nice as well. eg ones from Perfect Effects

Interestingly it looks like they've renamed Fireflight -> Firebolt like the targetmaster.

The Hasbro versions look superior, glad I got them. I will be getting Takara's Slingshot, which looks absolutely perfect. Good on them.

Slingshot's a harrier in G1, which they used for Firefly/ight. It looks very G1.

I'm troubled over whether I should keep or sell Alpha Bravo now, if I get Slingshot (hopefully I'll get a preorder in). He's in the comic books, so that's something. On the other hand, I could always use savings from selling it to get something important.

EDIT: HOLD THE PHONE, someone's claimed to have found listings on TFW for Slingshot and Wildrider:

Went digging,
    found this.

From TRU

Item: 316077
    TRA DEN DLX WILDRIDER
    Original Retail: $16.99

Item: 316069
    TRA DEN DLX slingshot
    Original Retail: $16.99

Hasbro could be releasing them after all.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

According to the TFW article, Takara's Slingshot will be packed in a gift set with the other 4, so buying him individually at this stage may not be a possibility, but we never know.