Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to vent!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I need to vent!

Mann some people have all the bad luck in the world.

So I organised for roses to be sent to my girlfriends work place yesterday and was told that delivery before 4 is guaranteed. But of course it didn't.

So then they offered me a refund for the extra I paid for delivery and promised to deliver it today.

Now I find out that my girlfriend of all days left work early and by the time they delivered it (which was cutting it so close at about 3:45pm) she had left already!

And so just then I had no choice but to call my girlfriend up to tell her to pick up the roses from her work place!

Bloody heck! It totally ruined the surprise for her

sorry to hear that

Just remember son, its you against the World!!!

The other night, i went to a pizza place, they kept me waiting half an hour before telling me that they forgotten to start making it. Freakin 8 slice small pizza And they were rude to me

and this is the second consecutive time its happened, at a completely different shop

Dont worry man, i gots it alot worse.

Hopefully yer gal saw the effort u put in

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    The other night, i went to a pizza place, they kept me waiting half an hour before telling me that they forgotten to start making it. Freakin 8 slice small pizza And they were rude to me.....

Hopefully yer gal saw the effort u put in
    I know the feeling of waiting for food and then realising they hadn't made it. But you just don't know for sure, like if you tell them not to worry about it, they'll then say that its already been made, what do you do?!

yeah she was still happy about it, but I'm still peeved that she had to make the effort to go back and get it

One time I had organised to pick my wife up from work so I bought a huge thing of flowers and I laid them across the back seat. When I picked her up She had had a really bad day and just threw all her work stuff across the back seat... crushing the flowers. then to make matters worse I had to spend the rest of the night reassuring her because she felt bad
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    sorry to hear that

The other night, i went to a pizza place, they kept me waiting half an hour before telling me that they forgotten to start making it. Freakin 8 slice small pizza And they were rude to me

and this is the second consecutive time its happened, at a completely different shop

Dont worry man, i gots it alot worse.
    Should have done a 3 stooges routine and give em a slap em around the chops! Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

TheDirtyDigger Guest

2/3 of the human population of the planet don't have access to clean water or a working toilet.
    Put your little flowers in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    2/3 of the human population of the planet don't have access to clean water or a working toilet.
    Put your little flowers in perspective.
    but that is why we live in the lucky country where we dont have to worry about things like that

try getting scammed 2 grand through paypal. american dollars.

every sh*tty thing that happens means you can learn something new.
    Last edited by griffin; 13th June 2009 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shazam View Post
    And so just then I had no choice but to call my girlfriend up to tell her to pick up the roses from her work place!

Bloody heck! It totally ruined the surprise for her
    You lost the surprise, through no fault of your own. I bet you she loved the flowers and loved the thought, yes? And she didn't blame you for a confluence of events you couldn't have forseen either.

It's a minor irritant that you lost the surprise you wanted, but keep it in perspective. You did a nice thing for your lady, and I bet you she still loved it.

Actually, she still got a bunch of flowers that she wasn't expecting, so it was a different surprise from the one you planned, but still a surprise for her. Be happy!
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Quote Originally Posted by SofaMan View Post
    You lost the surprise, through no fault of your own. I bet you she loved the flowers and loved the thought, yes? And she didn't blame you for a confluence of events you couldn't have forseen either.

It's a minor irritant that you lost the surprise you wanted, but keep it in perspective. You did a nice thing for your lady, and I bet you she still loved it.

Actually, she still got a bunch of flowers that she wasn't expecting, so it was a different surprise from the one you planned, but still a surprise for her. Be happy!
    Thanx buddy. Yeah it was all good in the end. She loved the roses.