Thread: Broke MP36 Megatron Right Arm Ratchet Joint

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Broke MP36 Megatron Right Arm Ratchet Joint

My sister had some bad luck transforming her MP33 and broke the right arm at the ratchet joint. Anyone know where/how to source a replacement arm/joint?

Be dodgy and claim it was already broken in the box?

Take the loss, buy a new one and hope to make up the difference by hawking the broken one for spare parts?

Edit Or wait for metal replacement parts.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I might be able to sort for one, however chances are slim and is still costly.

These pics just make me more afraid to transform MP-36 again, I failed within the 40 minutes time frame.

You could totally fix that drill a small hole through the shoulder assembly inline with the hole in the centre, then smear a little hard setting epoxy in the bottom to plug the newly created hole, that will extend the hole. Once the epoxy bung has set cut down a nail or screw, insert into the new hole and fill with viscous hard setting epoxy eg. Araldite. Wait atleast 48 hours for the Araldite to cure then repeat the process on the arm itself, this time without the steel support (nail or screw). Once you have the two pieces prepared, dip the steel support in some araldite and mate the two pieces together, clamp it for atleast 48 hours, afterwhich it should be nigh on as strong as it was before.

I had to do this with my 3A Bumblebee wing when he landed, took some time but have never had an issue since.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    You could totally fix that drill a small hole through the shoulder assembly inline with the hole in the centre, then ---
    ---had to do this with my 3A Bumblebee wing when he landed, took some time but have never had an issue since.
    I would have suggested pinning and gluing but there aren't many with the model building experience to confidently do it.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Sell it for scrap, someone would want his parts, and buy another, hell I wouldn't mind the default/clean chest plate, friend of mine damaged his during one transformation...which I made worse when I had a go, would pay $10+cheapest shipping for that

...can't blame a guy for trying eh, pm me if curious but perhaps get that second megatron before gutting him

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I might be able to sort for one, however chances are slim and is still costly.

These pics just make me more afraid to transform MP-36 again, I failed within the 40 minutes time frame.
    Apart from having to use a tweezer to pry him apart again transforming him back is alot easier, took 30mins, but first time to gun took me 2 hours, was plenty stiff and those diecast sections at the top of the legs...what a nightmare, you get the feeling you'll snap them off trying to pry them out of the crotch

Thanks for the tips I passed them on to my sister just feel bad because she's not a big collector like we are. Just wanted Megatron as it's her favorite character. Can't really afford to buy another at the moment as we already had to spend extra then what we intended since a certain retailer hasn't delivered. For now she's keeping it if we decide to sell it I'll post it up. I'd hope to get at least $200 for it if I did but dunno how much people would pay for it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Remember to email that certain retailer and quote his false advertising and you have your rights to ask for refund.