View Poll Results: TF3 : DotM - worth watching?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

50 43.86%
  • good, see if you can

35 30.70%
  • average

22 19.30%
  • disappointing, avoid it

7 6.14%
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 3 : Dark of the Moon (spoilers)

Almost forgot Primes trailer, yes, that was awesome.

Saw DotM for the 2nd time today. Ratchet does speak, but not as much as in the other films. His moments include:
    + When Sentinel Prime wakes up and attacks Optimus, I think it was Ratchet who told everyone that everything was okay.
    + Ratchet tells the Autobots and humans to "target that bridge."
    + Ratchet tells Bumblebee that he fought bravely.

...I still don't recall seeing Quejack transform.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    I'm still not entirely certain why Optimus killed Megatron. Felt like it came out of nowhere.
    Because after Megatron shot Sentinel, he basically told Megs something in the spirit of "Where would I be without you?" -- and Optimus Prime mutters, "Let's find out" before proceeding to kill Megatron.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega
    Movie 2007: Optimus gives many speeches and doesn't do much else but kill Bonecrusher and get used as a punching bag by Megatron.
    DOTM: Optimus executes Sentinel Prime in what seemed to me cold blood.
    In ROTF Optimus Prime executed Wheelbot in cold blood.

A friend of mine felt it was strange that the Decepticons captured some Autobots as prisoners, yet the Autobots take no prisoners! Well, NEST did have Decepticon prisoners in the comics (until they were all liberated by Shockwave) -- but yeah, in the films the Autobots certainly don't take prisoners.

My fansplanation: the Decepticons took those Autobots as prisoners under Sentinel Prime's mandate... perhaps instructing the Decepticons not to kill the Autobots if they surrender without resistance. Until Gould came along and Soundwave agreed to disregard the mandate. <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

My fansplanation: the Decepticons took those Autobots as prisoners under Sentinel Prime's mandate... perhaps instructing the Decepticons not to kill the Autobots if they surrender without resistance. Until Gould came along and Soundwave agreed to disregard the mandate. <shrug>
    or soundwave took the autobots as prisoners to torture out intel on autobot reinforcements or to use as hostages if other decepticons were in trouble

I watched it a second time, and still enjoyed it, so very flawed though. On the rewatch I was surprised to find that for the most part the first half made some kind of sense, while the second was the usual Bay action nonsense with every part of the movie a vehicle for his next stunt. Basically I thought around the time we learn Cybertron is going to be teleported over and, Sam is going to enter Chicago to rescue whats her name it all goes to BAY.

I also thought this movie had more easter eggs and TF references that previous movies, I liked when Carly made reference to her new car having a raspy guttural engine sound (or words to that effect) that was actually reasonably clever.

Definitely prefer it to ROTF, some aspects I even like better than Bay movie one, however one is the only one with a mostly coherent plot.

More like Meantime!
    No no, he should be Nemesis Time Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Towers_Spy View Post
    * Megatron, the indestructable, invincible leader of the Decepticons, reduced to a) bumming around the desert scaring elephants, b) being everyone's bitch, and c) taking advice from slutty-McDuckface. And then after he (pretty much) saves Optimus, he gets killed in like 2 seconds. Sadness.
    Hey don't knock the Elephant scaring!
    I agree with all of this excpet a) Megatron tooling round the Desert and hiding out in his awesome Poncho scaring elephants was cool, and would have made a lot more sense if he actually was down on his luck after the last movierather than about to launch his most fiendish scheme yet.

Did anyone else think the movie would make much more sense if Shockwave had made a deal with Sentinel instead of Megs? Megs could have then fought Shockwave or something, I dunno so many opportunity's wasted on one of Megs most awesome looking incarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    p.s. did anyone else pick up the "more than meets the eye" tune played by laserbeak as a faulty printer?
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    or soundwave took the autobots as prisoners to torture out intel on autobot reinforcements or to use as hostages if other decepticons were in trouble
    But he never tortured them for intelligence. Dylan Gould basically told him to kill the Autobots, and Soundwave was like, "lol ok"

Yup!

But he never tortured them for intelligence. Dylan Gould basically told him to kill the Autobots, and Soundwave was like, "lol ok"

then the latter then, gould probably thought the decepticons would not have anymore problems thus why he ordered the executions

Or maybe the Decepticons in true villain tradition were planning to drop the Autobots into a pool full of Sharkticons with lasers on their heads for giggles, till Gould told them to shoot them now.

ok those Autobots as prisoners under Sentinel Prime's mandate... perhaps instructing the Decepticons not to kill the Autobots if they surrender without resistance. Until Gould came along and Soundwave agreed to disregard the mandate. <shrug>
    Not that Sentinel gave Ironhide the surrender option, I guess he never liked Ironhide much.

I've just realised that the only side in this that took prisoners was the Decepticons.

I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I would of liked to have seen how the autobots got captured. I went to my second screening on Friday and will be seeing it a third time tonight. The only thing I really would of preferred so far is if the Chicago skirmish focused more on the autobots and lesson the humans.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed
    Not that Sentinel gave Ironhide the surrender option, I guess he never liked Ironhide much.
    He was offended by Ironhide's return to his Diaclone colours. Dia-CLONNNNNE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Or maybe the Decepticons in true villain tradition were planning to drop the Autobots into a pool full of Sharkticons with lasers on their heads for giggles, till Gould told them to shoot them now.
    That's actually more plausible. Or maybe Soundwave's a really crap field commander who decided to capture instead of killing the Autobots, until Gould came along and something in his brain just went "He's right, DUH!"

But I like your explanation - Soundwave's a sadist and was planning on killing them slowly and painfully at his own leisure... like maybe dropping them into a pool of Sharkticons or forcing them to watch the StarTV dubs of the Japanese G1 anime series. Whateva.