Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Remember when...

Quote Originally Posted by kup
    Octane sure went through some radical changes. Too bad we didn't get something closer to that concept pic.
    ...or name. :/

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Was there a 'built up' to classic with news, announcements and concept art as we currently get for new toys or did Classics just suddenly happen?
    The only real annoucement was made on the Hasbro website and frontpaged on the fan sites. There were also early pictures posted of the toys, most of which I have saved. If anyone would like to see these, let me know.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I don't recall there being any build up to Classics.

The first fans heard of it was when concept sketches of Astrotrain surfaced and most people (at Seibertron at least) though it was a fan made kit-bash or custom because it was so darn accurate and represents what fans wanted of an Astrotrain toy. Soon, that became known as Classics and then Bumblebee and a few other concepts surfaced. At the time, there was even an interview with the designer of Mirage and Bumblebee on Seibertron (not sure where now).

In my travels I saw alot of the different figures at the time when the Classics series came out, but I just couldn't bring myself to think about collecting again.
    Needless to say I'm kicking myself at this point as there are a few I saw that I really should have gotten.
    It's a nice series (along with the last Universe series which got me collecting again).
    Classics Jetfire is definately one figure I would like to get.