Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transformers G1 Unofficial Photographic Archive Vintage Toys

Update today is the Kickstarter got 100% funding.

I'm hoping they follow up with Beast era and Unicron Trilogy books, the absences from my collection books!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Except these guys are self publishing are they not?

It really feels like a repeat of the Bellomo Book but with a different background. I really like the Bellomo book, I have the second edition. these books look spectacular but I feel like they are redundant.
    No idea re publishing, I just assumed they had one lined up with that cost.

The Bellomo book was a great visual reference when I first started collecting, but cant say I have opened it in the last 3 or so years

I asked on facebook if they realised some/most of the 'European Exclusives" were also released in Australia/New Zealand and got no response. Errors in reference books really stick in my mind, Bellomo got a couple of accessories mixed up in his 1st edition photos. Also its not clear if every transformer is featured in Vol 2. I'll be really impressed if they have photgraphed all Jr line.

Its good they got the funding, $50K thats a lot of dosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Maybe the photos are better in the newer edition, but there's other guidebooks with better photos on my shelf than the first edition.
    I still haven't looked

Anyway, I've backed this project. Showing my roots as a Transformers Book collector over a Transformers Toy collector, I'll spend $100 on a third party TF book, but wouldn't consider spending $100 on a third party TF toy.
    I'm glad they met their goal I know several people who are keen for the books. It's interesting, I've dropped more than a few hundred dollars on 3rd party toys and books but this one just didn't quite make my radar.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Looks like it's been canned

post from TFW
    [ATTENTION]
    Due to circumstances out of our control, the Kickstarter campaign for “Transformers G1 Unofficial Photographic Archive [ Volume 1 & 2 ]” will be prematurely aborted around 11:59pm PST tonight (10/14/2017).

All pledges will automatically cancel upon termination, and you will not be charged anything. We are deeply sorry, but we truly have no choice.

However, Ocular Echo has reason to hope that there might be an official door opening… but only time will tell as to how discussions pan out. We want to extend our warmest gratitude and appreciation to everyone that got behind this labor of love. We bow to you.

We will share any further information we can on the Ocular Echo page.
    Wish us luck.
    SAD I guess there was always a chance this would happen though

This is very disappointing.

It does sound like Hasbro put their foot down... but meanwhile they do nothing about the scores of third party IP infringing toys?

This is very disappointing.

It does sound like Hasbro put their foot down... but meanwhile they do nothing about the scores of third party IP infringing toys?
    Has"blow" just go after the ones they can
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

it's not over yet, they do say there may be an official door opening.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)