Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much money you need to have all 3rd party toys

Default How much money you need to have all 3rd party toys

I recently did a calculation, excluding those rare and hard to find ones, you will prolly need $24k to buy all 3rd party TFs, including those high-end replicas.

my 2c calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by langzixinxin View Post
    I recently did a calculation, excluding those rare and hard to find ones, you will prolly need $24k to buy all 3rd party TFs, including those high-end replicas.

my 2c calculation.
    Ok I'll bite, how did you arrive at that figure? I would expect it to be much higher.

the number can be higher.

I did a stock counting from my supplier's warehouse record, just to see if I want to fill my online store (took me 5 days to go through), how much money do I need to at least import one for each item. The stock still contains some early stuff such as FPJ chromedome, TFC predaking, MT devastator etc.

So I assume earlier than those stuff won't be desirable by collectors.

So yeah, the number can be higher.

Do you take cheque bro?

Well I would want one of each for Alt mode and one for robot mode........and a one of each for the combiners in combined mode
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Well I would want one of each for Alt mode and one for robot mode........and a one of each for the combiners in combined mode
    I will secretly put you in my VIP customer list without telling anyone.

I haven't looked at the numbers myself, but that feels too low.

For example, each combiner runs for minimum 500 dollars, and there are three Predakings, five (?) Devastators, two Menasors, a couple of Bruticus's and at least one Superion, Defensor, Abominus, Computron, Dinoking and Piranacon.

You'll lose at least a thousand to third party city bots. We've had a couple of Omega Supremes, a Metroplex and a Trypticon.

Getting every non citybot Planet X figure will cost close to a thousand (six dinobots, FOC Prime and Starscream).

MMC non combiner releases average ~100 dollars (as a low estimate) and off the top of my head they've got the following figures out - Whirl, Obsidian, Roadbuster, Arcee, Megatron, Mirage, Trailbreaker, Hoist, Inferno, Strika, Hot Rod, Six Shot, Nova Prime, Impactor, Vos, Tarn, Turmoil, Lockdown, DJD Chair Guy, Overlord Hearts of Steel Shockwave and Hearts of Steel Optimus Prime. ~$2200 there alone.

I'm bored and will stop now.

(I refer to released toys, not upcoming ones, and also havent considered convention exclusives and simple repaints).
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

A lot of the 3Ps like much of the earlier KFC and IGears are not worth getting. Don't see why anyone would want 'all 3Ps'.

Not to mention that a lot of this stuff is HUGE and HEAVY and you spend nearly a 3rd of the cost again on shipping to get it into the country.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

He's probably quoting the low end costs to these toys...
    Pricing is significantly lower than international retail when purchasing direct from Chinese warehouses.