Page 4 of 609 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: WA Transformers Sightings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post

But the ultimate good news is that an Australian retailer has taken delivery and therefore stock for Kmart etc shouldn't be too far away.

Hopefully this means as well Shockwave is enroute soon!
    Minotaur sources things through PREVIEWS, so basically can get as US retailers start to receive shipments into their warehouses....

we are still a few weeks behind a normal release

Wreck Gar only JUST showed up in the USA yesterday and the USA has had Cyclonus/Hound for about a month, and we haven't.

I don't think there's any formula to reflect when large retailers will be getting first stock based on Minotaur and USA arrival dates. Sometimes we get first. Sometimes we never get.

Just moved the last three posts from 'First Sightings' to here, as the other topic is for 'chain stores' to help alert collectors from other parts of the country where to start looking out for certain new items.

Sighted and purchased at Kmart this morning:

Tin and Gel Set, $3.99 before 20% discount:

Study Kit, $4.99 before 20% discount:

Another Study Kit, $4.99 before 20% discount:

A4 Study Kit, also $4.99 before 20% discount:

The Tin and Gel Set also has a movie version, but I only saw one left with a dent on the tin box so will get one another time.

FYI Guys Kmart Kardinya has Animated Leaders reduced to $74 atm, I picked up Ultra Magnus and Megs today. Unfortunately no Bulkheads.

Other Sights
    Toyworld - Fremantle
    ::Animated::
    Voyager Megatron x 4 +
    Voyager Bulkhead x 4 +
    Leader Megatron x 2 +
    Leader Bukhead x 2 +

:: Movie ::
    Deluxe Camshaft x 10 +
    Deluxe Landmine x 3 +
    Various Real Gear.

Visited a Big-W today... and was surprised to find they'd restocked on Universe Deluxes (and I think it's the first time I've seen wave 3 at a Big-W):

Universe Deluxe:
    Acid Storm x3
    Galvatron x2
    Silverstreak x2
    Sideswipe x2
    Ironhide x1 !!

Animated Deluxe:
    Soundwave
    Sentinel Prime
    Elite Guard BB
    Swoop

All deluxes at $25.40

Fremantle Toyworld still unchanged, though the shop owner knows my plastic obsession and says they're getting new stock this or next week.
    Target Fremantle is pretty bare, aside from a Universe Silverbolt and a few Animated Leaders nuthin' much.

Kmart Kardinya, on the other hand...1x Universe Ironhide, Silverstreak, Acid Storm, and Sideswipe, couple of Activators (Ratchet and Starscreams mostly) lots of FABs, heaps heaps of Animated deluxes waves 3 and 4, a few Voyagers (mainly Lugnut), lots of Jetfire/Jetstorms, and a fair few Leader Megatrons and Ultra Magnus' on sale for $74.

These have "started" to appear in WA Toyworlds now~ Go grab them!

Last edited by Kyle; 29th January 2009 at 08:07 PM.

I haven't bought any activators so far, but I've been thinking about it. They look like fun to flip-change back and forth.

I was thinking of just picking the better ones. Namely:

Bumblebee/Cliffjumper (will propably get CJ since he is the only Animated CJ so far)
    Starscream
    Ratchet
    Megatron
    Grimlock

To anyone who has them, would you consider these guys are the better activators?

Quote Originally Posted by Oilspill View Post
    I haven't bought any activators so far, but I've been thinking about it. They look like fun to flip-change back and forth.

I was thinking of just picking the better ones. Namely:

Bumblebee/Cliffjumper (will propably get CJ since he is the only Animated CJ so far)
    Starscream
    Ratchet
    Megatron
    Grimlock

To anyone who has them, would you consider these guys are the better activators?
    I'll only comment on the ones I have.

Bumblebee - Simply MUST HAVE.
    Bulkhead - If you don't intend to collect every single Activator then this is a pass.
    Starscream - Many fans seem to love this over the Voyager one. I prefer the Voyager though. This Activator one just seems "over" cartoony to me (if it's even possible in Animated). Maybe it's the proportions. It has a very very nice transformation though.
    Optimus Prime - I really like this toy. Truck mode is debatable but I think it's not that bad. Very very nice transformation and the robot mode is awesome.
    Ratchet - Nice in both modes. Also smooth transformation.
    Lockdown - hate the over cartoony car mode. The robot mode is only reasonable. Get him if you like the character.
    Thundercracker - Great repaint of Starscream. The dark blue/purple is very nice.
    Grimlock - Love both modes. Wish he'd come with his sword though.
    Megatron - Great robot mode (left hip on mine is a little loose though) and decent alt mode. Wish he has an arm cannon.
    Cliffjumper - Very very nice to have. A good repaint of a very good toy.
    Dirge - I like the colour of this repaint.