Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lego for 2015

Myer, David Jones, and Target usually have their prices as the same. Big W and Kmart are usually a little bit cheaper.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    How much of a price difference is there between shop.lego.com and retailers on new items? Given how I can't find any of this years sets except Star Wars locally I'm thinking of ordering all the Avengers sets including the Helicarrier from Lego.
    It really depends on what you are after and how much of a hurry you are to get it. Some stuff (like the Hellicarrier) may only be exclusive to Lego shop. But their prices are generally in line with Myer, David Jones etc.

Has any got news what happened to the latest Hobbit Lego sets? Only saw them at Big W online and got sold out immediately?

How much of a price difference is there between shop.lego.com and retailers on new items? Given how I can't find any of this years sets except Star Wars locally I'm thinking of ordering all the Avengers sets including the Helicarrier from Lego.
    If you're gonna be buying to completion http://www.shopforme.com.au will probably do an Avengers Bundle comprised of all the 'regular' sets. They've done this for the first Avengers film, the Hobbit etc. And since your order will be over $150 you get this all shipped to your door for free.

They'll probably do a decent price on the helicarrier too once they get it

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Has any got news what happened to the latest Hobbit Lego sets? Only saw them at Big W online and got sold out immediately?
    I think my local toyworld still has them....

How much of a price difference is there between shop.lego.com and retailers on new items?
    The prices on the LEGO online shop are Australian RRP, same as the major department stores such as DJs, Myer, Target. LEGO items at Mr Toys (QLD) are also all RRP. Big W and Kmart are normally a dollar or two cheaper for the smaller sets. At Kmart, larger sets around $40 can be around $5 cheaper. The Cargo Train 60052 at Big W is around $25 cheaper than the $299.99 RRP, a little under 10% off.

In some rare cases sets at sets at Kmart can be unusually cheap. For example the Galaxy Squad Vermin Vaporizer 70704 (2013) was RRP $69.99 but at Kmart it was permanently $54, more than 20% off.
    Last edited by kovert; 4th March 2015 at 08:49 AM.

Before I could order any sets from Lego.com the Big W I work at got the 2015 Lego Movie sets. I was just after the Double Decker Couch, but an impulse buy meant I bought all 3 of them. The car from the chase set reminds me of a certain Decepticon bad cop. Still going to place an order for the Marvel sets tho cause I'd also like the Exo Suit before it's gone forever and don't want to pay $30 postage.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Exo Suit is showing out of stock, expected ship 12 March 2015. I considered picking one up but the $30 shipping put me off.

I just went to put together the Hydra Showdown set from Marvel The Avengers line.

Is the gun on top or the Hydra buggy really meant to be loose and not actually connected? I feel like I did something wrong.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I just went to put together the Hydra Showdown set from Marvel The Avengers line.

Is the gun on top or the Hydra buggy really meant to be loose and not actually connected? I feel like I did something wrong.
    You are supposed to use that silly spring hero jumper thing to fling them at the buggy and knock it off. A sort of "action feature"
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|