Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego for 2015

Default Lego for 2015

Toyfair season will officially announce the new Lego lines and licenses for 2015, but a few tidbits have already been leaked online and noted in the recent issue of Toy & Hobby Retailer magazine.

Jurassic World has been leaked as a license for Lego, with some Dinosaurs already showing up on a Chinese website. (the movie comes out in June 2015)

Batman will also be featured as a license, since it will be in a spin-off movie from the Lego Movie.

Ninjago will also have a movie that sounds like it could be in theatres instead of straight to DVD like previous ones (probably because of the surprise success of the Lego movie), so is likelyt to have an expanded Lego range for it.

Bionicles will be returning to stores in January 2015.

And for something just before 2015, if you are in Sydney before December 26th, make sure you check out the worlds largest Lego Christmas tree at 10 meters tall, and a record largest Lego construction in Australia of half a million bricks. It can be found in the Pitt Street Mall, with a light show five times a night until Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And for something just before 2015, if you are in Sydney before December 26th, make sure you check out the worlds largest Lego Christmas tree at 10 meters tall, and a record largest Lego construction in Australia of half a million bricks. It can be found in the Pitt Street Mall, with a light show five times a night until Christmas.
    I went and saw it, but somehow it feels less than 10 metres tall. I wonder how they've measured it...

Still, it was pretty cool, and my daughter loved the music and lights (which happens from 8pm onwards).

I don't Lego. I got a few of the microfighters this year but if I got anything bigger I'd be all President Business.

I'll definitely take a look at the Pitt St Mall tree though.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I am hoping the the Star Wars UCS for the second half of next year is a new Millennium Falcon. I have the last UCS X-Wing and it is awesome.

The Ninjago feature film was greenlit when the Lego Movie went gangbusters late last year

Do notice Lego also launching Lego creator detective store.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    I am hoping the the Star Wars UCS for the second half of next year is a new Millennium Falcon. I have the last UCS X-Wing and it is awesome.
    I hope so. It will be so bought.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Bionicle's making a comeback. Aw yis. I'm not really into the newer Ninjago, it feels a bit out of hand to me. But if they can make a good movie, I'm all for it.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Slave 1 is the next with a Jan release, with the rumor being second half will have a new TIE fighter

Has anyone seen any of the 2015 sets anywhere yet?

And does anyone know if the last Hobbit sets are a TRU exclusive? I've seen them at a couple of TRU stores since November but nowhere else.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)