Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Edition Optimus Prime Query

Default First Edition Optimus Prime Query

Hey everyone,

I'm tempted to get the first edition optimus prime for
    my collection, however, I hear there is a platinum edition
    coming out with a trailer, am I better off waiting for the second?
    Is it basically first ed with a trailer added?

I hope there is some insight.

Cheers

The 1st Edition Prime is a different mould compared to the Leader class Prime mould which will be used for the Platinum version.

The 1st Ed is bigger.

1st edition was the only bot I ever returned its that bad

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    The 1st Edition Prime is a different mould compared to the Leader class Prime mould which will be used for the Platinum version.

The 1st Ed is bigger.
    According to Hasbro, the upcoming trailer pack is the First Edition version... which will be the third release of that mould, after the grey Target "Silver Knight" version.

The Leader Class version so far only has two releases - regular and the upcoming Platinum 2-pack with Leader Grimlock.

There is a large section of the fandom which, for absolutely no reason I can tell, seem to utterly detest First Edition Optimus Prime. The only justifications I've heard for this extend as far as "it's terrible", "it's that bad", etc. As an owner of FEOP, I have to say it isn't. It's a big, well articulated, fun to transform, toy. It's comparable in size to ROTF Optimus Prime, but nowhere near as complex. It's well and truly a shellformer, but so is half of Beast Wars and RID, and besides, his transformation works pretty well with that. The vehicle mode is accurate, only lacking paint on the windows.

However, retailers seem to have seriously over-ordered on the toy in Australia. If you can get it for a low price right now, I'd say you should, but if not, given the proliferation of the mold, I'd wait a bit and see if it gets clearanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    There is a large section of the fandom which, for absolutely no reason I can tell, seem to utterly detest First Edition Optimus Prime. The only justifications I've heard for this extend as far as "it's terrible", "it's that bad", etc. As an owner of FEOP, I have to say it isn't. It's a big, well articulated, fun to transform, toy. It's comparable in size to ROTF Optimus Prime, but nowhere near as complex. It's well and truly a shellformer, but so is half of Beast Wars and RID, and besides, his transformation works pretty well with that. The vehicle mode is accurate, only lacking paint on the windows.

However, retailers seem to have seriously over-ordered on the toy in Australia. If you can get it for a low price right now, I'd say you should, but if not, given the proliferation of the mold, I'd wait a bit and see if it gets clearanced.

Personally, i love the way it looks, first edition that is. Alot more chrome than any other current Optimus figure, however the so called right price.
    Target are selling it for $99. I'm not too sure if the original price was more or not. Perhaps some guidance or feedback from other people may shine some light on the current price..

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    However, retailers seem to have seriously over-ordered on the toy in Australia.
    Welcome to Australia, the retailers here always over order on early waves.

Also he is a rather bad mould, very lacklustre basic design. The deco uses chrome in the wrong places and there are paint apps missing from a large number of the figures made. If you want an AEO Optimus go with either of the Generations Optimus moulds. The Voyager is probably the best mould from the movie and the Leader is much better toy than the FE.

But if your really set on getting a FE Prime just wait till Thursday. SDCC preview night is Thursday morning our time. Hasbro should show off the new Platinum Editions there.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    Personally, i love the way it looks, first edition that is. Alot more chrome than any other current Optimus figure, however the so called right price.
    Target are selling it for $99. I'm not too sure if the original price was more or not. Perhaps some guidance or feedback from other people may shine some light on the current price..

Cheers
    Our Price Comparison listing has the answers.

BigW sold them for $68, but sold out fast.
    Target and Myer were next best at $99, while TRU started at $130 but dropped their price to match it about a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Welcome to Australia, the retailers here always over order on early waves.

Also he is a rather bad mould, very lacklustre basic design. The deco uses chrome in the wrong places and there are paint apps missing from a large number of the figures made. If you want an AEO Optimus go with either of the Generations Optimus moulds. The Voyager is probably the best mould from the movie and the Leader is much better toy than the FE.

But if your really set on getting a FE Prime just wait till Thursday. SDCC preview night is Thursday morning our time. Hasbro should show off the new Platinum Editions there.
    In what way is the design "lacklustre"? It's simple, I'll give you that, but I don't really see that it has any problems the leader class doesn't. Also, the chrome isn't in the wrong places; it's intentionally been kept away from moving parts.

In the most recent set of stock images that Transformers Columbia has gotten their hands on there are pics of the Platinum FE Prime with trailer. Looks like the FE mould with a new deco, MP10 trailer in DOTM deco and a red ROTF Sideswipe.

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...nd-more/30970/