Page 1 of 25 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your username mean?

Default What does your username mean?

Just out of curiousity, what are the meanings of your username in Ozformers. Is it made up? a favorite character? you just picked it anywhere and used it as your user name? something sentimental?.... etc the list goes on. Care to share?

So what does "Deceptic Optics" mean? Well, I know what 'optics' means, but what's the meaning behind "Deceptic"?

From 1993-1996 I used the online handle "Gokuu" as at the time I was a big Dragonball fan (not so much now tbh). Then after I started interacting with the online Transformers fandom I changed my handle to "Goktimus Prime" in 1997. So it's a combination of "Son Gokuu" + "Optimus Prime." In Japanese I use the handle "Son Convoy" but most Japanese fans just call me "Son" (similar to how most English speakers just call me "Gok") - although IRL I'm usually called "Goki" by both English and Japanese speaking friends alike. "Goki" was first coined by one of the executives at AniméUNSW; at a screening in 2000 I guess he decided he couldn't be bothered calling me "Goktimus Prime" all the time, so he just shouted, "GOKI!" across the lecture theatre, and ever since then the nick has stuck (as you can hear here).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So what does "Deceptic Optics" mean? Well, I know what 'optics' means, but what's the meaning behind "Deceptic"?

Its just means 'Eyes of a Decepticon'

Deceptic - short for Decepticon

and

Optics - I got it from Megatron saying to prime, "I'll rip your optics" to my guess he was talking about primes eyes? So Optics = Eyes

Shazam is the name of a singer from some rnb group called H-Town. I first used this nickname back in the days of ICQ and I've been using it in other forums since then coz its easier to remember. But now I'm thinking I should change it to be more TF related.

Zahhak is name from an old persian myth/story, (im from iran you see) Zahhak was a king you was tricked by ahriman(a deamon/god of darkness) and subsequintly had two snakes grow out of his shoulders. He then had to feed the snakes a brain everyday or they would eat his. Oh and if you cut them they grow back yadda yadda yadda.
    I use it cause I like the word and recantly I've been wanting to do a repraint of cybertron Scourge to make him into a transformer,

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zahhak View Post
    Zahhak is name from an old persian myth/story, (im from iran you see) Zahhak was a king you was tricked by ahriman(a deamon/god of darkness) and subsequintly had two snakes grow out of his shoulders. He then had to feed the snakes a brain everyday or they would eat his. Oh and if you cut them they grow back yadda yadda yadda.
    I use it cause I like the word and recantly I've been wanting to do a repraint of cybertron Scourge to make him into a transformer,
    +1 very interesting

I like transformers I'm 33 and have no imagination.

I used to go by Guts, but that was almost always taken on various forums and games, so I renamed myself after the Megaman boss Gutsman, slapped Heavy on the end 'cos I though it sounded cool. Also doubles as physical description of myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optics
    Its just means 'Eyes of a Decepticon'
    Ironic then that you've chosen Shockwave in your avatar and sig image - so he'd be Deceptic Optic (singular). That cycloptic fiend!

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optics
    Optics - I got it from Megatron saying to prime, "I'll rip your optics" to my guess he was talking about primes eyes? So Optics = Eyes
    Yeah that makes sense - Transformers often referred to their eyes as optics or optic sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahhak
    Mersi... for telling us! I just wanted to show off the only word I know in Farsi.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shazam View Post
    Shazam is the name of a singer from some rnb group called H-Town. I first used this nickname back in the days of ICQ and I've been using it in other forums since then coz its easier to remember. But now I'm thinking I should change it to be more TF related.
    Shazam =