Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lying :l

Does lying to yourself count?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

lying tickles

I don't think telling completely furfy stories as a joke is lying as such. I was convincing a fellow work employee that World War II started over daylight savings! But I failed coz I burst out laughing too soon.

I find myslef lying coz most interaction is "plaesantries."

How you going?
    Yeh, not bad (they don't care if I have a tooth ache do they? Its easier to say something positive and be done with it.)

The level of deciet in pulse's first post shocked me somewhat. Mainly from the educational situation. Sorry Pulse.

All that said though, I am a big fan of "embellishing" my adventures for the sake of a good story.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    The level of deceit in pulse's first post shocked me somewhat. Mainly from the educational situation. Sorry Pulse.
    Does that mean no one here has made up such severe lies when it revolves around their past experiences at Uni?

Or I'm guessing people have plagiarised their whole assignments before but don't want to admit it...

I've bullsh*tted myself thru essays, exams, oral presentations, <you name it> at uni before but never plagarised.
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I really LOVE lying in bed... it's better if I'm not alone

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Or I'm guessing people have plagiarised their whole assignments before but don't want to admit it...
    I still remember one time I was marking a 1st yr uni Calculus assignment. Found this kid made a really "creative" mistake in a problem that amused me greatly. Then I marked the next assignment... same "creative" mistake! I marked another one and could see a pattern... Apparently these 3-4 kids were identical not just on this one problem, but the whole assignment word for word!

What upset me most was not the fact that they copied each other... but the fact that they were too dumb to even "cheat properly"...

Moral of this story I told my class afterwards:

(1) After you copy from your mates, DO NOT submit your assignments together, one after another. It'd be a lot less noticeable.

(2) If you have to copy, then copy from someone who's ACTUALLY smart.

Last edited by Kyle; 9th June 2008 at 08:09 PM.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I still remember one time I was marking a 1st yr uni Calculus assignment. Found this kid made a really "creative" mistake in a problem that amused me greatly. Then I marked the next assignment... same "creative" mistake! I marked another one and could see a pattern... Apparently these 3-4 kids were identical not just on this one problem, but the whole assignment word for word!

What upset me most was not the fact that they copied each other... but the fact that they were too dumb to even "cheat properly"...

Moral of this story I told my class afterwards:

(1) After you copy from your mates, DO NOT submit your assignments together, one after another. It'd be a lot less noticeable.

(2) If you have to copy, then copy from someone who's ACTUALLY smart.

Bahahahahahahahahaha!!!

You do realise my stomach hurts from laughing so much...

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I've bullsh*tted myself thru essays, exams, oral presentations, <you name it> at uni before but never plagarised.
    Thinking about it, I actually have lied. I've used references that I said I did when I actually didn't. All I did after I wrote my essay was find someone who said something similar in their book/journal article. So I have lied.

And on top of that, I lied about not lying when I actually lied because I thought I hadn't lied when lying about not lying.

i am a gun liar - i lie often, mostly to keep the peace in my life. also i lie/bs with school/uni homework all the time

for example, my proudest lie:

i once had a yr 9 science experiment on the effect of plants' growth in different conditions/foods over 2 months, and we had to show photo proof as well - we needed like 15 plants all up to do (3 different plants, 5 of each to average out), too much money to buy that many plants. i told my dad i need just 3 different plants to appease him, and even then he was unhappy about spending $10 for a silly experiment.

anywho those plants died within a week

i was in a pickle - i lied to my folks about how many plants i needed, i let the ones i got die and now a WIP draft was due at school. what to do? i couldnt confess to my folks, and i had no results. so, i lied some more

i made up the results, wrote a discussion based on those results, and handed in this WIP. when the final report was due, i went to bunnings and took photos of the plants i "grew" - that is, i got 5 young versions of plant x, lined them up and photoed, then grabbed 3 slightly taller plants and photoed, and repeated a couple more times, to show the growth of all my plants.

but wait, you cry, couldnt you see other plants in the background, its bunnings for petes sake? well i had a lie for that too - in my acknowledgements, i thanked my grandpa for allowing me to keep my plants in his greenhouse (which btw is non-exisitent).

at the end of all, i hand concocted a almost wholly false experiment. the only real part was the intro - i talking about photosynthesis and fertilization, of which i assume there was some plagarizing involved. and to top it off, i got an A one of my mates got a C, and he actually did the experiment

not bad for a ninth grade student eh?

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------