Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MakeToys: Trash-Talk & Cog-Wheel

There is a rumour floating around that Chimungmung will not be getting these. Supposedly the big guys - BBTS / TFSource have taken up all of it. Kapow has exclusive rights for UK distribution of Maketoys stuff.

I (unhappily) put in a pre-order at BBTS but still hope that chimungmung will come through.

Megatran Guest

Might be worthwhile to drop Tony an email rather than waiting for it to appear online. His response is quick. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Might be worthwhile to drop Tony an email rather than waiting for it to appear online. His response is quick. Good luck.
    I sent him an email 4 days ago and haven't heard, hope I do soon.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

aparently the peg on the MFB is a 3mm peg and not a 5mm peg meaning it wont sit well in generations Swerves hands. what a frustration.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    aparently the peg on the MFB is a 3mm peg and not a 5mm peg meaning it wont sit well in generations Swerves hands. what a frustration.
    Source?

If true, that's crap. I only want it for generations Swerve. How do you build it up to 5mm?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

the TJ Duckett review said that it has the smaller peg, i'm sure some customisers could suggest a good help in expanding it that isn't "put tape around it" (as he says in the review)
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

It's involved and will require tools but I think the 3mm peg should be cut off, a 5mm hole drilled in it's place and a new length of 5mm plastic rod glued in to make a new peg. And if you really want to make sure it doesn't pull back out, drill another hole in from the side through the gun and through the new peg. This locking hole doesn't have to be big, just enough to fit wire from a paper clip cut to length and glued never to be removed.

It may seem easier to build up a layer of putty or some kind of paint/lacquer around the existing peg but it's my experience that the extra layer just won't survive the wear and tear a weapon peg goes through.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

What about getting a bit of 5mm peg and drilling a 3mm hole in it?

Where would you even get a length of 5mm plastic?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The 3mm hole in a section of 5mm is worth trying but I'd be worried the 1mm walls would split.

You'll find various sized plastic rods in model/hobby/craft shops and maybe hardware stores. It's a bit hit and miss if they're in stock because turnover is not a lot. Occasionally you'll find polycarbonate or carbon fiber rods and they'd work just fine but why pay more than you need to?
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Swerve looks brilliant but they're SO small for the price point... especially when I only want Swerve and they're only coming as a 2-pack.