Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MayzaPrime's Transformer Tattoo Journey

Default MayzaPrime's Transformer Tattoo Journey

I have my kids names tattooed on both my arms, unfortunately one of the kids names was not tattooed very well and I think the guy was either drunk or stoned.

So after a long time I decided that I would get a Transformer tattoo. At first I thought that I would just get an Autobot or Decepticon symbol on my arm but after my Wife made me watch some of the tattoo shows I saw the level of detail and skill that the tattooist have now and I decided to get either Optimus or Rodimus, for the last few months I looked for the perfect tattoo and I found a few pictures which I loved.

I was talking to a mate that I work with about getting the tattoo, he showed me a photo of a tattoo that his friend got of an Iron Maiden cover as a full arm sleeve and it was impressive to say the least. The tattoo was done a tattooist by the name of Chris Cashmore at Tattoo Power, so that day I sent them an email and the next day I was booked in to get my tattoo on the 17th of December.

I was talking to a few people at work who were curious about why I was getting a Transformer tattoo, and they asked me 'What if you don't like Transformers when you are older' and I thought about it and said 'I got my first Optimus Prime when I was 2 years old and I still have the same love for Transformers 30 years later and I know that I will still have the same love for Transformers in another 30 years'

I rock up to the tattooist on Wednesday the 17th ready to rock the pain, talking to Chris the tattooist he said the picture that I selected looks awesome and he has been looking forward to starting this tattoo for a few weeks. He traced the picture onto the transfer paper but does so in stages. He started with the head/torso/legs which took about 45mins the pain was not as bad as I had remembered.

The next section that was tattooed was the arm and the gun, which goes up to my chest, this section did cause me the most discomfort as it was up around my arm pit.

The last section that was tattooed was the legs which turned out really well.

It was really lucky that the cricket was on and I was able to watch it while being tattooed.

As you can see below, the tattoo isnt complete I do have another 2 sessions to but I am booked in for the 23rd of January for the shading. The 3rd session will be the background.

The tattoo

The end result

Thanks for reading

Wow just wow. That is going to look amazing. I'm not a tattoo fan at all but that is just so full of awesomeness that you couldn't not like it. Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Tat is coming along very nicely. Good choice of art. Shame about the ugly bloke rocking it...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Tat is coming along very nicely. Good choice of art. Shame about the ugly bloke rocking it...
    Yeah they breed them ugly in Wollongong

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Yeah they breed them ugly in Wollongong
    It's true
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Very nice Will be keeping an eye out for updated pics

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Is the other arm for Megatron?

Seems like good motivation for some old-fashioned sibling agitation.

"Why does daddy have a tattoo of your name on one arm and Optimus Prime on the other?"

"If you look carefully, your name is under Optimus Prime. Daddy got that one time when he forgot that you're just some kid who turned up on our doorstep one day and never went home. Since you're not really a member of our family, he put Optimus Prime there instead."

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Is the other arm for Megatron?
    Of course, you can't have Prime without Megatron

Hopefully by the end 2015 both arms will be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Seems like good motivation for some old-fashioned sibling agitation.

"Why does daddy have a tattoo of your name on one arm and Optimus Prime on the other?"

"If you look carefully, your name is under Optimus Prime. Daddy got that one time when he forgot that you're just some kid who turned up on our doorstep one day and never went home. Since you're not really a member of our family, he put Optimus Prime there instead."

Very true, but I will get the kids names somewhere else

Even though I'm not a fan of large tattoos, the art choice is perfect. Can't wait to see the coloured version.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust