Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads

Sightings/Sales

Old 20th July 2012, 09:37 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Exactly, their hands are tied by Ebay/Paypal rules, if they want to remain protect from false claims by buyers, or lost packages in the mail.
But I can imagine it might be a future requirement on ebay, if ebay/paypal gets tired of having to resolve disputes that could have been avoided if trackable shipping was used. Until then, for small/cheap items, find and use sellers who don't protect themselves with the more expensive tracking options.
Old 5th August 2012, 10:06 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
Im having a similar problem atm. Someone in L.A wants to buy an item from me. It weighs just under 2 kg. Quoted him $72.50 but apparently this is too much!
I cant help it if THATS what Aust post charges!
I cant help if U.S postal people inflict a $9 security surcharge on it!
I need to cover my self incase item goes missing which is why I quote registered price. And not cheaper sea/air mail.

People who buy things dont care if an item gets lost as they can be reimburssed by paypal (which takes money out MY account).
Maybe you could try Ausposts pack and track service? It's only available for parcels to the UK, the U.S and NZ I believe, but it's certainly the next best option to express - @ about half the price
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:10 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

I purchased a comic TPB recently on eBay described as "Like New".

The book I received was clearly "used". It had sticker residue on both the front and back covers, scratches on both covers, wear on the binding, a bent front right hand corner, rounding to the top and bottom corners of each page. Acceptable as "used" but nowhere near "like new".

So I left neutral feedback, negatively marking the item description, but everything else was fine and top marks.

The seller has contacted me asking me to remove my feedback and offering me a refund and the return mail costs to do so.

I will take him up on the refund and return mail costs (bit annoying as this book is hard to come by which is why I was willing to keep it). I'm not too sure I should remove the neutral feedback though.

He clearly said he wants it gone so he's a 100% seller, but I feel I have some obligation to other purchasers of his to leave accurate feedback. If I leave my comment than perhaps the next buyer will ask a few more questions which I should have done but I trusted his 100% feedback foolishly.

Any thoughts?
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:26 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
Any thoughts?
He knowingly advertised an item in a condition it most certainly wasn't. I'd leave the feedback as a negative. Just allowing a refund for a faulty/inaccurately described item does not make everything alright.
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:34 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

If the book is hard to come by and you are happy to keep it as is (despite the less-than-honest listing), then keep the book, and leave the feedback as is. You've been honest and fair in your feedback, only marking the seller low in the areas you were not happy about.

If you are unhappy with the item as it is and want the refund, by all means take him up on his offer. IMO, you should probably still leave the feedback as is, though. Again, you're being perfectly honest about the situation. Personally, if I am a seller, I would be inclined to be over-descriptive when it comes to 'faults' in what I'm selling, so this kind of thing is less likely to happen. The seller here didn't appear to take that type of care or was possibly hoping that you would give him positive feedback anyway, or perhaps he could buy his way out of it.
Old 10th September 2012, 03:30 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Paul I'd leave the feedback as is. So what if he wants to be a 100% seller? It's not there for him to be look good if he doesn't describe the items correctly. It gives others a warning that he described your item inaccurately.

And if it is rare, I'd still hold onto it and leave the feedback as is too.
Old 10th September 2012, 03:43 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

did you contact him at all before leaving the feedback?
Under the circumstances, if he'd offered to pay for it's return and a refund then, I'd probably still be giving neutral feedback for the reasons above.

If you'd tried to contact and not had any luck that would be a definite negative.

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)
Old 24th January 2013, 01:15 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

eBay's own Global Shipping Program:
  • Int'l Priority Shipping only available choice (no First Class)
  • Import charges
  • Poor combined shipping calculator (not much more than just adding the separate costs together)
Grrr...

My Fan Fiction: Lexicon | Fanfiction.net | @CrysDecepticon I'm With Q
Old 17th March 2013, 12:19 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Never get caught out by that.
Always sort your searches by price + postage.
Old 17th March 2013, 05:16 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
Never get caught out by that.
Always sort your searches by price + postage.
If you're referring to the GSP, the extra (hidden) charges don't show up in the search. You have to read the fine print in the listing itself, and even then it won't show you the exact amount until the auction ends.

My Fan Fiction: Lexicon | Fanfiction.net | @CrysDecepticon I'm With Q