Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: A third Masterpiece Gen1 Optimus coming?

Yeah sure it can be subjective, I guess for me it just seems like these '+' versions have taken away detail or made it harder to see. Getting rid of the Lamborghini logo and text as an example is something I just cannot see as an improvement. Different, but not better.

I don't want these figures to become overly plain! That recent 3rd party Starscream is more cartoon accurate but the blue stripes on his legs look weird! So now people are making sculpted air vent things to go on there. A new Grimlock or other Dinobots with big blocks of solid yellow everywhere instead of detailed gold and clear plastic would be more cartoon accurate but also super boring! To me, at least hehe.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

IMO they are all plain whichever version. The main issue is there was no foundation on how MPs were based.

I find myself liking some over the old ones and not necessarily the new is better either. I didnt like mp-10 because it wasn't "here" or "there" both Hasbro and Takara had missing paint apps. and one reason why I liked the EVA mp-10 because it was well painted.

MP-36 wasn't a + but it sure looks like one. So you see the issue here? Is a big cock up.

Wheeljacks unpainted white made it looked bare imo.

There is no reason why the Lamborghini logo cant be printed. I do agree thats not on. I just wish they have the MP line sorted, there shouldn't a need to guess whether this mp is going to plus that isn't etc.

Anyway too early to say as we seen nothing yet, could be bad for all I know.

Couple of prototype shots from Figure King No. 244:

I'll express repeated confusion that we've now had 3x Optimus Prime molds, 2x Megatron molds, 2x Ultra Magnus's (Magnii?), 2x Rodimus, 2x Starscream... and not a single Galvatron?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I'll express repeated confusion that we've now had 3x Optimus Prime molds, 2x Megatron molds, 2x Ultra Magnus's (Magnii?), 2x Rodimus, 2x Starscream... and not a single Galvatron?
    Well thats because Unicron made Galvatron not Takara. I’ll see myself out.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Here comes the hassle of finding the going price and selling my loose but complete Takara MP-10. Can someone point me to the ‘whats it worth thread?’
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Rodimii??
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Please not the same crouch screw with transparent yellow just make solid yellow piece.

Not sure I want this at the moment.

No doubt I will buy it, but begrudgingly... they need to focus on finishing the '84 cars and doing some '86 movie Decepticons. I would prefer repaints to another OP.

Real drama here is that everything we import after July 1st is going to attract 10% GST... Thanks Gerry Harvey