Thread: JP Cybertron Satellite Matrix promotion started

Default JP Cybertron Satellite Matrix promotion started

The Cybertron Satellite promotion in Japan has finally giving fans something to collect. There were several characters (Primes) named after cities in Japan, but were only ever done as artwork (redecos of existing Legends toys with some added bits). They were never done as toys.
    But in a recent issue of a JP Hobby magazine, there were a dozen or so MP Optimus Matrixes, coloured to match each of those characters.... and now they are available to acquire.
    Designated stores are giving out one with purchases of over 3000 yen, but there are only 200 of each Matrix.
    That's a lot of purchasing required, and a lot of running around to get all 14.

But there looks like there could be more on the way, as more of these Primes keep being "released"... including this one called Yurakucho Prime (a white & gold Jetfire with added guns and big sword).

this is a pretty old thread...

but who has one? or... several?

Quote Originally Posted by Penetrator View Post

I've got a couple of the two different ones that saw release. As I understand it, only two ever made it to release.

That promotion was such a tease, with all those drawings of modified toys, and then not produce them as actual toys.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I've got a couple of the two different ones that saw release. As I understand it, only two ever made it to release.
    yea i only seem to see 2 variants. purple/gold and black/crystal.

then there a KO which is in the classic orange/blue.

guess they didnt go ahead with it...

but these are die cast right, griffin?

but these are die cast right, griffin?
    I think so... I think they were redecos of the matrix that was packed with the reissue Gen1 Optimus/Convoy (or the MP Optimus).

I bought one on eBay, though hard to tell whether it was genuine or a knock off

Armada Starscream by iamdavidreilly, on Flickr
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Metal with plastic centre.

I'm sure mine are potentially KO but really, given the fact that there were no MP-10 colour matrix KOs at the time, I'm willing to believe they are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think so... I think they were redecos of the matrix that was packed with the reissue Gen1 Optimus/Convoy (or the MP Optimus).
    I think these are recolour/ repaints of the matrix that came with the mp10's.

Im actually looking for the matrix that did come with the new years convoy/ reissue galvatron(s) but none in sight anywhere.

I think there are KO but the real ones came in a bag with instructions and a chain as it's also double as a keyring?

I think these are recolour/ repaints of the matrix that came with the mp10's.

Im actually looking for the matrix that did come with the new years convoy/ reissue galvatron(s) but none in sight anywhere.

I think there are KO but the real ones came in a bag with instructions and a chain as it's also double as a keyring?
    Correct - MP-10 mold matrixes.

The NYC/Galv matrix mold was also used for the Classics-era Battle in Space Rodimus/Cyclonus pack. Might be easier to find one of them loose.

All mine came bagged with instructions and the chain on them.