Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Hall Of Fame Nominations for 2016

Voting is now open on the official Transformers FB page.

So, the finalist nominees are...

Favourite character - Galvatron, BW Optimus Primal, Omega Supreme

Underated character - BW Inferno, BW Tarantulas, Cosmos

Favourite musical act - Steve Jablonsky, Weird Al Yankovic, Lion

With Omega Supreme in Favourite character, and Tarantulas ending up in Underated character, it looks like we are finally running out of the premium iconic characters for the Hall of Fame. I would have thought a key character in an entire series (Tarantulas) would end up in the Favourite character category instead of Omega Supreme, who wasn't in too many episodes/comics and when he was, he was just a transport ship or to end a battle.

I'm also a bit disappointed that the Gen1 music people didn't end up in the Music category, with Lion making it instead, who did one song for the 1986 movie.

I'm not a fan of facebook voting, as it means people who don't want to sign up can't participate, but at least it will make it transparent, so that no vote-rigging can happen.

Omega Supreme, Cosmos and Weird Al all the way baby!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Omega Supreme, Cosmos and Weird Al all the way baby!
    Same
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I consider Tarantulus kind of a main character so I'm a bit surprised be is stuck in the Underrated catagory.

Anyways - I voted for Omega Supreme, Inferno and Steve Jablonsky. Funnily enough I think OS and Inferno are ones I chose in the pre-vote rounds so kind of nice to see them representing even if they won't win.

One has to suspect in the anniversary year of Beast Wars Primal will take the vote...

I reckon G1 Inferno is definitely an underrated character. He was one of my fav G1 toys back in the day and had a very cool gung-ho personality he had to reconsile with his Search & Rescue job. Also very underrated/underused in both the Dreamwave and IDW comics where he has really only served as crowd filler. I would have voted for him over Cosmos.

He is also on the top of my list for characters I would love to see an MP of

Original link seems to be dead, but there's a new one.

Guess I need my eyes checked because when I saw the post on one of the US sites, I didn't see the (BW) in front of Inferno and I was impressed that he had been nominated for underrated.

That being said BW Inferno was much more interesting and fleshed out as a character.

The Hall of Fame concept will surely have to be toned down for the future, as name sharing between series makes it difficult (Animated Ratchet is counted in the G1/Marvel nomination for example) and if someone like Tarantulas is underrated it means that the concept is working as it should.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Guess I need my eyes checked because when I saw the post on one of the US sites, I didn't see the (BW) in front of Inferno and I was impressed that he had been nominated for underrated.
    The Transformers facebook page had to clarify that later, after people were asking about it... and I think some fansites initially assumed it was the Gen1 Inferno (because they usually have the prefix for BW characters, like they did for Tarantulas).

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Original link seems to be dead, but there's a new one.
    Ah... they've updated the image to include "Beast Wars" in front of Inferno, so reposted it (and deleted the old one).