Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Cinematic Universe

Default Transformers Cinematic Universe is Dead

I checked. It's not April 1. Transformers movie universe is dead, with no TF6.
    Guess Bay finally broke it. Read more from http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/16/t...ebooted-358641
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

This is pretty shocking. I think most people were over these so it's probably for the best. Give it a few years off and come back with something better.

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Very exciting news!

This is probably for the best. I really enjoyed the first movie and did my best to support the franchise but when I was watching The Last Knight, I was thinking this needs to be put out to pasture. If they reboot they should plan a giant story arc so there no contradictions in the plot... as a start. There are many other issues that need to be addressed too.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I just hope when they reboot the series it's a full new creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I just hope when they reboot the series it's a full new creative team.
    From the sounds of it, the Bumblebee Movie will be the 1st entry in the new movies. Kubo and the Two Strings was an awesome movie, I just hope the director isn't like Andrew Stanton or Brad Bird, who made the jump from animation to live action and sort of flatline.

Hopefully he's more like Tim Miller who made Deadpool (no I'm not after an R rated TF movie, just after a good TF movie.)

You know they could've just ended the films at Dark of the Moon, but no they had to make 2 more films which were awful and end them with a Cliffhanger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEncdhmJhHM
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

After all of the talk over the last year about should it be rebooted after the mess of TF5 (and arguably the 2 or 3 before that), this actually doesn't surprise me. I know that Bay doesn't worry about story continuity, as he focusses on making each movie the best stand alone action-explosion movie possible... but the creative team (writers, producers, directors) that now have to create stories around all the contradictions and plot holes of the past, because they would want to focus on their movie having a good story that makes sense to the audience (who shouldn't need to be distracted by special effects every five seconds just to get past a bad scene or story element).

And when Hasbro announced a combined cinematic universe, it was always going to be a pretty good chance that they would include their most successful brand (Transformers) in some way... now they can, if down the track, it is rebooted as a new alien threat in that series of HCU movies (first contact with the earth, who would now have special military teams (GIJoe) and maybe an earlier alien threat (if one of the other HCU movies gets done before the next TFs) to be prepared for a massive alien robot invasion.

As much as I would have like to see where the Bay-verse was going with Unicron, I just didn't see it having much potential as the core of the Earth... because fans would want to see him transform, and that certainly wouldn't happen without destroying the planet. (but I'm sure Bay would have made it possible to repair the earth with some sort of Cybertronian gadget, as if nothing had happened).

I'm sad that it means that the first two movies now also have to be lost in the new Transformers universe (or HCU), but if it means a clean slate to rework a new story foundation (like the original cartoon bible), then it can't be worse than what we got from Bay.
    I'd just be worried that if Transformers is part of the HCU, and the HCU fails, it will affect Transformers as well.

Ok, so I've looked at who is working on the Bee movie. With Bay and Lorenzo both working on the movie as producers I hope they are just there to collect paychecks and not actually making any decisions.

I better not go see the movie in cinemas even if it gets a great score on Rotten Tomatoes though, because every time I see a certain currently unnamed character on screen I'll want to chant "JOHN CENA SUUUUCKS!!!".

I was only half joking speculating earlier today that a reboot of the Transformers movie line and the Hasbro purchase of Power Rangers might give us a Masterforce move! A group of humans given master-braces to control giant transforming robots? It could happen.