View Poll Results: DotM Deluxe Jolt - worth buying?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 40.00%
  • Only if cheap

6 30.00%
  • Only if (something else)

2 10.00%
  • No

2 10.00%
  • Not interested

2 10.00%

Thread: Toy Review - DotM Deluxe Jolt

Default Toy Review - DotM Deluxe Jolt

Toy Review - DotM Deluxe Jolt

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details)

Toy Review - Jolt
    Series - Dark of the Moon
    Sub-line - Mechtech
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 2
    Released here - not yet (should be here May/June 2011)
    Approximate Retail Price - $24-30
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Chevy Volt
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Convertible Mechtech weapon
    Main Colours - Grey, black, light blue
    Main Accessories - Mechtech weapon

I thought Jolt was one of the worst ROTF Deluxes. Small, simplistic transformation, and badly proportioned. So, now knowing that all the DOTM toys are new not repaints, I picked this up.

It's a definite improvement. The arms are still a little short and weird and he doesn't have the "whips" but it's otherwise a nice toy.

The transformation is interesting, with the windshield forming the upper thighs and the back of the car swinging around in an interesting way to become the chest (the rear windows put between chest and torso).

Like all DOTM toys it's a bit small for the deluxe, the head is ugly, and the hands are odd. For this toy specifically, the only thing I really dislike is the arms. The hands are weird long fingers, the arms are weirdly jointed and the shoulders don't lock in to place.

I say "Only If" you collect cast and can get it cheap. If you've got ROTF Jolt you should upgrade to this newer model.

Picked this up.

Torso and legs are pure joy - more or less what a movie toy should be (detailed without shellforming).

But the arms... ugh. So bad - don't really lock into anything, and look puny and weak.

Colours aren't great either.

Promises much, delivers a lot but the arms ruin it.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I love this little guy, fun and different transformation. Great likeness to the Jolt from ROTF. The colours are a little off but blend well and the allspark blue for once actually works. I only paid $12.50 for mine but I would of been happy to pay full retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    I only paid $12.50 for mine.
    where is everyone getting them so cheap? O_O

Jolt was one of my favourite ROTF figures (and one of my favourite movie characters) and DOTM Jolt is pretty cool, but he has a few drawbacks
    His arms are weird looking and have weird posability, he doesn’t have any whips, his colours are a little dull, and it can be a little hard to get him to stand

But as for good things, his transformation is interesting and I like the texture on the black parts of the vehicle mode, the vehicle kibble wings look cool, the feet have a nice and unique design, and he overall looks really nice in robot mode

I'm not sure why Jolt is coloured like his Spark Blast Jolt Fast Action Battler figure instead of his old blue colour, but it still looks nice and the allspark blue looks really cool in vehicle mode

If they bring out a repaint in ROTF Jolt colours I'll probably get it too

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    If they bring out a repaint in ROTF Jolt colours I'll probably get it too
    Amen.

Well...I have to admit that I love this toy.

Its leagues better than the original ROTF Jolt...
    even if his "Electro whips" have been swapped
    out for a Mech-Tech Blaster.

The back kibble forms an interesting set of
    false "wings" and while the arms don't really
    lock into place...but there is plenty of
    articulation to make up for that.

His paint job is kinda plain...but the black
    and light blue break up the grey nicely.
    A few more touches of red would have
    been nice...but you can't have everything.

100% Pure Win!

Like Barricade, I voted "No" for this figure, for mostly the same reasons, plus a couple extra reasons to prefer the TF2 version over this one.
    I found this one to be overly complicated and frustrating to align all the panels in such a cramped space (not as much of a problem on the TF2 figure, which had more room to move with the panel parts).
    This one has the wrong colours (it was a new mould, so why did it need non-movie colours - unless it was originally planned to be in TF3 in those colours).
    The proportions are worse than the TF2 figure, and doesn't have his whips (the signature of Jolt in the movie-verse).
    Missing the early step of folding in the head all the way is frustrating because you have to un-transform most of the toy to get it into the right spot when you realise later that part sticks out too far underneath.
    And the feet tabs when converting to car mode are really tough to lock back in (over the clear bar inside the feet), making it feel like you could break the toy (or making it a future point of weakness after many conversions).

The good points - creative chest/abdomen engineering when forming the robot mode, as well as having the wheels on the feet fold down flat to the ground for a more stable foot.

I was one who had a soft spot for Jolt in TF2, and its various toys (Legend, FAB, Dlx, Robot Hero), so seeing this non-blue version with stumpy arms and interlocking panels... feels like another wasted TF3 expense by Hasbro, especially since it didn't end up in DotM to sell this figure. (and I was really looking forward to seeing more of him too)
    I just had another play with my TF2 Jolt while writing this, and it was soooo much more fun/easy to convert, and visually more appealing (to me) in both modes.
    I recommend the TF2 version, if you can get it.

I really like this figure! Despite the lack paint, I really like both modes-the transformation is a bit finicky and I think one of the door wings on mine is bent, but still looks awesome. I love the robot mode-it looks so... transformery?