Thread: MP Soundwave Takara vs Hasbro Grid piece

Default MP Soundwave Takara vs Hasbro Grid piece

I'm trying to sort out my accessories as I'm packing away my Hasbro MP's and I need help identifying which grid piece belongs to Hasbro MP-02 Soundwave.

The left one is much more clear than the right one and has a more yellowish tinge border than the right one which has a more yellow bronze tinge. (Is the left one TT MP-13 Soundwave and the right is Hasbro MP-02 Soundwave?)

I'd say the one on the left is the Hasbro version.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd say the one on the left is the Hasbro version.
    Have you kept your grid pieces sorted? If so, can you compare yours and take a picture of them?

Sorry dude, I only own TakaraTOMY MP Soundwave. I took some comparison pics with mknell's Hasbro MP Soundwave a few years ago, but yeah, I don't have the Hasbro version on hand to make a live comparison.

Sorry to hijack the thread, Kazza.

But hey Gok - seeing as though you prefer toy accuracy over animation - do you wanna trade heads with me?

My MP13 grid's border looks more like the one on the left, deep yellow gold with clear grid squares.

I dont have an MP2 but do have the Hasbro year of the goat platinum.

The plastic squares in the Hasbro platinum grid have more of a frosted appearance than the MP13 grid, much like the right hand one in your picture.

Quote Originally Posted by duxbellorum View Post
    My MP13 grid's border looks more like the one on the left, deep yellow gold with clear grid squares.

I dont have an MP2 but do have the Hasbro year of the goat platinum.

The plastic squares in the Hasbro platinum grid have more of a frosted appearance than the MP13 grid, much like the right hand one in your picture.
    Thank you for helping me clear this up! It was really doing my head in as I want to pack and sell off my Hasbro MP-02 Soundwave but I didn't want to get the accessories mixed up.