View Poll Results: Combiner Wars Buzzsaw - worth getting?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • An updated Buzzsaw? Hells yeah!

7 70.00%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if...

1 10.00%
  • Na

2 20.00%
  • He should stick to copying whatever Laserbeak does

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - CW Buzzsaw

Default Toy Review - CW Buzzsaw

BUZZSAW
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Legends
    New/remould/redeco – New
    Wave – Wave 5
    Released here - not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $18
    Approximate Size – 8cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Spy Tablet, Mobile-Indeterminate-Thing
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Plugs into Titan Master figures
    Main Colours – Yellow, Black
    Main Accessories – n/a

Robot/Bird Mode

Very Sqaurish, very few curves adorn Buzzsaw. However he is a decent size and the did the front half of the head on him very well.

Spy Tablet
    A decent approximation of an iPad or equivalent. The big Decepticon symbol in the centure looks pretty cool, however those are stickers and come off very easily which is a real disappointment. Overall a cool update considering he started life as a cassette.

Mobile-Indeterminate-Thing
    What the hell is this mode supposed to be? Looks like someone busted their tablet and instead of fixing the screen stuck some wheels on the bottom! Worst. Third Mode. Ever. Doesn’t even roll. I supposed you can stick him next to Adventure Rumble & Frenzy and they can all roll over the hill with people wondering what they are looking at. I think this is the mode he is supposed to plug into larger figures with.

Transformation
    Pretty easy

Overall
    It’s quite nice to see Buzzsaw come out before Laserbeak for once, though I’m sure the Laserbeak recolour will surface before long. Not a brilliant Buzzsaw but for the relatively cheap price certainly worth getting.

Picked this guy up finally today alongside TR Soundwave and they make a nice pair.

I have a couple of complaints: one is that the official configuration for his tail is the worst possible one - there's I think 4 different ways to do it all up (you can see them on the TFORMERS review here)

Second, the non-poseable feet really hurt it, stopping him from having any good variety to his poses.

The third thing is the stickers for the 'spy tablet' mode. People have complained that it wants to fall off really easily, and it looks like it will, but I think it actually just looks plain shit, and negatively impacts bird mode. I think it might look a lot better with the stickers removed altogether and the screen painted glossy black (as if the tablet were 'off'). I suppose they wanted people to really get that it was a tablet, but I'm okay with this generation of Casseticons being random flying bricks, since it works well enough in IDW. The back thrusters of the bird could use some silver to help sell it as well.