View Poll Results: POTP VOY Starscream - worth buying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 30.77%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

3 23.08%
  • No

1 7.69%
  • Not planning to get it

5 38.46%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - POTP VOY Starscream

FatalityPitt Guest

I got this figure this morning from Toys'r'us (20% off). Wasn't expecting it to be good, but I bought it anyway because it's Starscream (...And because it's on sale.. And I may never get to shop at Toy's'r'us ever again after this..). Even though many reviewers say the good thing about the figure is the 'combined' mode; I have no intentions of exploiting that feature, and until now I've still not opened the torso to look and the combiner head.

For me, it's not as visually bad as I thought. Proportions are funny, but so was Animated and FoC Starscream's. Transformation from Jet to robot and back is very simple. If it wasn't for the combiner gimmick, it could have been miles better (maybe even have the actual cockpit transform to be part of the actual chest - i.e. no faux cockpit). Yeah, I think the fact that it's a Combiner torso is what kills this.

Do I regret buying it? Not really. I always buy G1 Starscream , and I need a Voyager Neo-classics G1 Starscream in my collection.

Do I recommend? I think it depends on how much you like the character. If you're a big fan like me, get it on sale (don't pay full price), otherwise ignore.

[QUOTE
    FatalityPitt: why not go with the Deluxe Classics Starscream? That's a pretty awesome mould! [/QUOTE]

I'll stick with deluxe Generations Thrust. His alt. mode has always been a greater stand out look (since G1) than the realistic kind of look that is usually stereotypical of Starscream and his two closest Seekers.