Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a quick introduction...

Default Just a quick introduction...

Hi all. Have been enjoying browsing the site for many months now so thought I’d better make myself known. Have enjoyed Transformers since one Saturday morning back in the 80’s when I just happened to catch More Than Meets the Eye Part 1 before heading to morning sport. Took me a while to get any of the toys but by 1999 I had all the figures that appeared in the cartoon pre-movie (except Cliffjumper). Though at some point after that I had to make a choice between a number of space consuming hobbies and off loaded them all...

Thanks to a supportive wife (who even allowed, if not encouraged, a small Transformer element at the wedding) and a slightly bigger house I got back into collecting them. Space still isn’t boundless so I’m limiting my collecting addiction to Universe/Classics/Generations, WST Transformers, Legends/Legions/Commanders and Kre-O (as Lego was one of the competing space consuming hobbies that won out, there’s a synergy there).

Now I just have to make sure I keep participating here...

Welcome aboard Mate!

Get some collection pics up if you get a chance.

And what exactly was this TF element at the wedding? With the WST in the collection, I'm guessing something on top of a cake.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!

I must say, that's a pretty concerted effort to of acquired all those figure by 1999 - Must've been one hell of a hard decision to part ways with them in the end.

Please do consider posting some pics of your collection here, as Verno has mentioned; We love to peruse other's collections.
    Also like Verno, I too am very curious as to what the TF tie-in to your wedding was as one of our other members who recently tied the knot also employed a little TF love into his celebrations.

But now for the questions:
    • Who's your favourite character?
    • Who your preferred faction?

Thanks all for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I must say, that's a pretty concerted effort to of acquired all those figure by 1999 - Must've been one hell of a hard decision to part ways with them in the end.
    Was relatively easy... being in high school in the late 80's meant most of my friends had lost interest in their collections but they were still tucked away in boxes in their bedrooms. They were happy to part with them for a couple of dollars. The holes I managed to plug through and after uni via a second hand toy store here in Brisbane (though it was a bit pricier) - the owner took my want list and gave me a call when ever he tracked one down.

Getting rid of them wasn't that hard at the time due to other priorities - I regret it a little now. I think its the hunt I enjoy so I get to do that all over again.

Also like Verno, I too am very curious as to what the TF tie-in to your wedding was as one of our other members who recently tied the knot also employed a little TF love into his celebrations.
    There were 4 elements - not cake toppers (they were Lego!). I'll post pictures, once I get them sorted (along with my collection) but were essentially:
    • WST Bumblebee included in my wife's homemade flower and button bouquet (one of the buttons was in the shape of a bumblebee which gave us the idea).
    • My groom's party button holes were homemade flowers but with Kreons as the centres.
    • Our gift table was marked by a 275% scale model of G1 Prime where his trailer was our card box.
    • And my speech included reference to the cartoon and particular green and purple gestalt - I won't elaborate on that any further.

• Who's your favourite character?
    • Who your preferred faction?
    I can make a case for any number of characters depending on my mood but the first TF I remember enjoying as a distinct character was Gears - I still have a soft spot for the tough, grumpy little guy.

No real preference for faction but probably Autobot...

Getting up pics will be my goal for the coming weeks.

Welcome to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Stug View Post
    [*]My groom's party button holes were homemade flowers but with Kreons as the centres.
    Wow - so you must still be in the honeymoon period then.

Quote Originally Posted by Stug View Post
    I can make a case for any number of characters depending on my mood but the first TF I remember enjoying as a distinct character was Gears - I still have a soft spot for the tough, grumpy little guy.
    Gears is awesome.

Welcome, Stug!

LOL @ that Gears pic!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Welcome Stug!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Welcome to the forum Stug. Transformers and LEGO rock!