SDCC Exclusive Knights of Unicron Set
    Series - Thrilling 30
    Sub-line - Generations
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Extensive Redeco
    Released - May 2014
    Retail Price - $184.99USD
    Allegiance - Autobot and Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Cybertronian Truck, Cybertronian Tank, Cybertronian Sports Car, Cybertronian SUV
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Soft Goods Accessories, Collectors Packaging
    Main Accessories - All Accessories from original releases, Redecoed Animated Ratbat and Laserbeak, Microphones X2, Various Soft Goods Accessories.

Packaging:
    This sets packaging is heavy and massive. The box is as wide as G1 Fort Max is tall and looks like a roadies case. Open the box and you will find a lift out that looks like speaker, this contains the instructions and other paper goods such as posters. Under the speaker insert is the same style of foam insert used by The Club for it's exclusive figures and contained in that are the toys and figures.

The Toys:
    Nothing new to see here mould wise, they are exactly he same as their WFC and FOC counterparts with all accessories included. It should be noted tho that Prime and Soundwave have loose legs and Megatron loose elbows. The decos on the other hand are 100% new 80's hair metal and pro-wrestling inspired decos and are very well executed. Given the level of the tampos used I was worried that they would have paint errors but found them to be error free. The decos are definitely not going to be to everyones taste but they are appropriate to the theme of the set.

The Accessories:
    There are two accessories we have seen before and are just redecos, Animated Ratbat and Laserbeak. Their redecos fit in with the motif of the set. There are two plastic microphones which I'm guessing must be from a mould for another toyline or created just for this set, but I lean towards they are from another line. Only the very tip of the mics fit in the 5mm ports on the hands of Optimus and Soundwave and really they almost don't fit. The soft goods look great but in the case of Optimus' arm gear they limit possibility. All the soft goods are fiddly and have to be removed for transformation. Also the hair is easily damaged.

Overall:
    This is a set for someone that collects crazy out there Transformers and want's to keep them in one mode and not play with them.

Last edited by DELTAprime; 16th August 2014 at 02:08 PM.

If not for the hefty price tag I'd totally get this

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    So would i. This set is all kinds of awesome

Just wondering how they look with out all the crap - er - soft goods attached to them? Are you able to post pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Just wondering how they look with out all the crap - er - soft goods attached to them? Are you able to post pics?
    I'll add a pic of Optimus with and without the soft goods. The soft goods are really fiddly so I won't go through them all. You must remove the soft goods for transformation so they all come off.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    So would i. This set is all kinds of awesome
    Man alive, me too. Total Transformers kitsch.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Man alive, me too. Total Transformers kitsch.
    I had no idea of the word kitsch, until I saw it on QI on Wednesday... which is something that is dated, so becomes tacky and/or trendy (like fluffy dice or lava lamps).
    And yes... metal hair band like this is definitely kitsch.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'll add a pic of Optimus with and without the soft goods. The soft goods are really fiddly so I won't go through them all. You must remove the soft goods for transformation so they all come off.
    Thanks so much for posting that. He looks pretty good without it. For me I'd have to remove it all as I really feel it gets in the way of the figures - but that does kind of make me wonder what the point of getting the set would be. Other than the fact that I love the idea that more than just being friends before the war, Optimus and Megatron were actually in a rock band together back on Cybertron - and that the break-up of the band was what led to this aeons-spanning war.

Am I the only one creeped out by Op's 'Arcee' tattoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Am I the only one creeped out by Op's 'Arcee' tattoo?
    In the booklet detailing the history of the band, Optimus dates Arcee for a bit. :/
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2