Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Banff!

Default Hi from Banff!

Hi everyone,

Just joined after years of lurking over at TFW2005 and only occasionally popping my head in over here to search for a thing or two. As the title suggests I currently live in Banff (Canada, for the non-skiers/boarders) and its a respectable -12ºC right now.

I'm from Ipswich (outside of Brisbane) and I'm planning on moving home soon, hopefully in the next two months, as I've been over here for over 4 years now and I'm sick of 8 months of cold weather (temp. can get down to -40ºC sometimes during the winter...) Anyway enough about that, let's get to the plastic crack.

Born in '84, I grew up with Transformers, GI Joe and MASK (my holy trinity as it were) and including LEGO (Castle) were the main things that were strewn all over the place on any given day. I spent hours setting up elaborate battles on the pool table (and sometimes in the pool) and going to the last man (or bot) standing. I had a few G1 toys; Aerialbots, Stunticons, Ramjet and Sunstreaker were the big ones so to speak. I had a decent amount of random smaller bots that are all still around somewhere in a tub. In terms of the cartoons, G1 is what I am all about, I saw a few eps here and there of beast wars and recently watched TF Prime on netflix over here. There was many years between BW and TFP where I wasn't collecting and missed all the stuff in between.

I'm currently collecting only (trying) Masterpiece TF, and am especially looking forward to this years offerings. I have skipped a few TT MPs like Star Sabre (no idea he existed) and G2 bumblebee (canary yellow is all i need), Soundwave (picked up the Hasbro version in NYC) and some of the older ones (MP1-3). My big issue is that I usually (mostly) get all my purchases mailed to Australia, so the majority of what I've bought I have not seen in person yet. So as some of you can imagine I'm quite keen to get home and see the "pile of loot" that I've amassed over the past 4+ years haha.

My favourite TFs are Skywarp and Grimlock, whilst Tracks and Sunstreaker are my carbots.

Anyways, thanks for reading my wall of text! Hope to see you all around. =)

Welcome to the boards When you get back here you're gonna need to lock yourself away for a month to play with all those toys

And Banff huh? I'm very jealous. I mountain bike a bit (although I haven't had a chance since the little one was born) and although I've only tried it a few times, love snowboarding too. So, when I eventually get over there, I'll have to hit you up for all the hot tips
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Thanks! Yeah it might take a few weeks to organise it all, although my girlfriend will not be impressed that I spend my first month back in Australia playing with toys (she's Canadian). We haven't had a good season for snow this year, been warmer than usual and intermittent snow falls but there's enough to get by. I know Whistler/Blackcomb shuts down Whistler a month earlier to get the biking tracks ready for the summer.. you just will have to deal with all the other Aussies there haha.

Banff, nice!

My wife and I passed through Jasper and Banff on our Honeymoon (2009). I don't know how much snow you've seen in Australia but when we were at Blackcomb the week after the official season had ended and they still had the slopes open, people were complaining about the quality of the snow and I would happily say it beats our better mid winter snow.

welcome aboard
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Thanks for the welcome!

Congrats on the honeymoon (belated) it really is a beautiful part of the world. I lived and worked in Jasper for two years as well. Yeah blackcomb mountain they keep open for another month usually to the end of may.

Any reason why the collection showcase part of the forum is blank? Do I need a higher ranking first?

Welcome to the boards.... I have a friend living in Banff, she loves it. Your a QLDer...... great to see (former Cairns boy). Bloody hot in QLD, North QLD expecting a Cyclone next week. Wait till you see the new toys, I think you will love MP 22 - Ultra Magnus...... Excellent engineering. I am loving this toy, so much fun.

Chat soon, enjoy the boards,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by WolfenBaz View Post
    Thanks for the welcome!

Congrats on the honeymoon (belated) it really is a beautiful part of the world. I lived and worked in Jasper for two years as well. Yeah blackcomb mountain they keep open for another month usually to the end of may.

Any reason why the collection showcase part of the forum is blank? Do I need a higher ranking first?
    Hang around and participate, it won't take long for you to get bumped up a few ranks
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by entourage7 View Post
    Welcome to the boards.... I have a friend living in Banff, she loves it. Your a QLDer...... great to see (former Cairns boy). Bloody hot in QLD, North QLD expecting a Cyclone next week. Wait till you see the new toys, I think you will love MP 22 - Ultra Magnus...... Excellent engineering. I am loving this toy, so much fun.

Chat soon, enjoy the boards,

Dan
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to the heat, and another cyclone? Hopefully the damage won't be too bad and everyone will be okay. The first time I missed home was in 2011 when Qld got hit by the floods. I felt like I needed to do something but was helpless because I was over here.

Magnus eh? I shall put him towards the top of the pile then. I'm looking forward to Tracks and I might double dip for the first time due to what he'll be supposedly coming with. I've only got Streak, YOTH Prime and Hasbro Sunstorm here to look at but now they're boxed up ready to ship. I'll have to take a pic of all the stuff I've bought when I get home before i dive in haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Hang around and participate, it won't take long for you to get bumped up a few ranks
    Awesome, will do. I look forward to coming home and I just read in another thread about an online retailer based in Brisbane that should be able to satisfy my plastic addiction :P

yeah man, 2011 was a big year, i missed the floods (great to see people come together, comm spirit), but had to go through yasi. the masterpiece line has really got its act together since mp-09, look forward to seeing the collection, enjoy yhe trip back home

Quote Originally Posted by entourage7 View Post
    yeah man, 2011 was a big year, i missed the floods (great to see people come together, comm spirit), but had to go through yasi. the masterpiece line has really got its act together since mp-09, look forward to seeing the collection, enjoy yhe trip back home
    Haha yeah I look forward to seeing it too! :P I only managed to pick up the Hasbro trailerless version of Rodimus, saw the black version in a store in LA but was too much, maybe the red version I would have succumbed and bought it. I've been looking at people's collections and looking for suitable detolfs as I hate dust and more so, dusting. Ikea seems to have the most affordable but like the two I have at home now they fill up too quickly.