Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: JP Unite Warriors Menasor now official

Default JP Unite Warriors Menasor now official

After seeing Superion a couple months ago for June (with Slingshot), a Menasor was expected to follow it, and hopefully with a Wildrider as well.

Scans of the current Figure King magazine from Japan has given us a very small tease of Menasor, and the left leg is definitely NOT Offroad.
    From what I can tell, it looks like the Dead End mould, but is so obscured, I can't be sure until the official images are released later.

No release date yet, but probably August-September, as it was revealed a couple months after Superion.

For now though, it is something for Combiner collectors to weigh up as the Wave 2 Hasbro combiners are yet to come here, and still struggling to show up outside of Asia so far.

The scans also show us the three Adventure toys that come out in April and three Q-Transformers (looks like QT-18 might have been held back from March), and the Kabaya D-Collection models... but with all the excitement over Tracks, the rest of the items on these scans were mostly overlooked.

Well now we at least have an idea how Wild Rider looks like (more a Dead End remold)...still not enough to convince me to pre order Superion though

It sure needs that 3rd party upgrade...

Looks like Takara Menasor is missing Blackjack...

Hate to say it, but it looks like Takara are making a really half-hearted effort with Unite Warriors, compared to Hasbro's glorious Combiner Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Hate to say it, but it looks like Takara are making a really half-hearted effort with Unite Warriors, compared to Hasbro's glorious Combiner Wars.
    Huh? Am I missing the differences because that photo of menasor doesn't look all that different to Hasbro's
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Hmmm... Blackjack is indeed missing, which leaves a big empty cavity in the chest, but not surprising as the Superion boxset doesn't come with Powerglide.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hmmm... Blackjack is indeed missing, which leaves a big empty cavity in the chest, but not surprising as the Superion boxset doesn't come with Powerglide.
    Actually, Menasor's chest cavity being closed looks to be the way to display this one. Shame, it looks like a tumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Huh? Am I missing the differences because that photo of menasor doesn't look all that different to Hasbro's
    Not so much that Menasor specifically, but the use of redecos to make the figures more Geewun, the lack of the Legends-class team members, and limiting the line solely to combiners make me feel like Takara don't really care that much about Unite Warriors and would rather keep selling their Legends and Adventures toys (or even just Adventures and Masterpiece).

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    The photo apparently is of Hasbro's, it's mentioned in the text supposedly. Guess they didn't have their version ready in time to provide a photo