Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic reviews: IDW More Than Meets The Eye ongoing

Yeah the only thing that could be better with the MTMTE dialogue is the use of the more typical (if corny) vernacular, bots etc...

It also bugs me a bit that they use "what the hell" expletive all the time. I would prefer to see something a bit more creative like the use of "slag" in Beast Wars. While I see no reason they can't have robot Hell, I just miss them giving a proper TF spin on things.

Admitedly they did add "shadow of the underbase" to the transformer dictionary of expressions, which is cool.

After getting the first trade I am a little disappointed that it contains only four issues.
    - Death of Optimus Prime
    - MtMtE 1-3.

Means it is already two issues behind the RiD trade. However the sketches and "sneak peek behind the scenes" are certainly worth getting a look at, as is getting all the covers inside.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Comic book trades are getting shorter with the big two as well, been disappointing me with the relaunched X-Men titles.

I'm waiting for the MTMTE to be in Collection series now. [and I already own each issue as a comic and as a digital comic, four copies would be overkill ]

Issue eight was just a #*@%ing brilliant comic.

I'm exuberant that Roberts has given us a second crew that we already care just as much about as that of the Lost Light.

"Did I not mention that in my introduction?"

I love this series and hope it lasts forever. Just brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post

I love this series and hope it lasts forever. Just brilliant.
    lol Hopefully IDW won't suddenly decide that it isn't Geewunn enough and get us a second McCarthy who creates the uber cool character called Druft who is a total bad ass with attitude and wields dual stake shooting guns

Spoiler alert!

Really glad that one of my favourite under-rated characters made it through this one, Krok

Was also hoping that Misfire's gun would transform

Wow! Loved every dot of this issue. Brilliant characters (especially since they are a meant to be a "B" crew) drive the story forward, the art is wonderful and clear, you know exactly who is who. Love the tease at the end, being set so soon in the near future makes me even more interested in how they will continue to make this book so impressive month after month.

This is honestly the worst part of the month for me, the longest point until the next issue (at least we get the annual next week!)

In reference to the conversation in the Oil Reservoir of MTMTE #8, is the MTMTE Annual 2012 released in retail yet? Or will it?

If not, I would probably jump on this.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    In reference to the conversation in the Oil Reservoir of MTMTE #8, is the MTMTE Annual 2012 released in retail yet? Or will it?

If not, I would probably jump on this.
    Should be out in this weeks previews.

-EDIT-
    Just checked preview world via phantomzone and no listing... will have to see what happens with the international media/previews to see if it released this week or not after all.

From Previews World

September 5
    Transformers: More than Meets the Eye Annual 2012
    Transformers: Regeneration One #83
    Transformers: Robots in Disguise #9

Big Week for the wallet....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy