Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of Cybertron figures! (images added - post 21)

I like, and will buy 2 lots of him I think

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Someone at TFW photoshopped an image (You may need to be a member or logged in to view it):

(hotlinked image removed)

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...igure-blue.jpg

The colors alone make a huge improvement. A lot of the bad it's the stupid colors (will they ever learn?)

BTW: I know that there is a CGI character model of Vortex with similar colors but it looks better there than in toy form but still not my preference.
    The reason that looks much better isn't the colours so much as he's used whatever image editing tool he's used to bring the shoulders 'in' compared to the actual picture we've seen (which was mine and many others main complaint), and added cannons on the back which give a sense of a larger scale. Compare the two

(photoshopped) http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...igure-blue.jpg

(original) http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1328675996.jpg
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I like the photoshopped version with the cannons on the back and vortex's new colours. but the one thing that stands out the most is the connecting limbs and how skinny and weak they look.

If a 3rd party were to make a bulkier Onslaught maybe similar to the WFC version, then I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I love it! Though PCC looking It's still an offcial Combiner.. finally! Just hope those connectors are indedd strong enough. Hmmm I like both the flying vehicle alt modes ( yes, I like Injector coz he looks weird) VOrtex reminds me as well of Switchblade from Mask for some reason. Hope they make more combiner teams - e.g Aerialbots and Protectobots... Autobots need combiners too.
    Technobots would be awesome, since they're 'futuristic' vehicles anyway.

I like that the combined mode's gun is made from all the smaller bot's weapons joined together, but if you're going to make a reference to a recent 3rd party combiner you'd want to at least do as good a job on it as they did. That gun just looks like a bunch of guns stuck together...which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Technobots would be awesome, since they're 'futuristic' vehicles anyway.
    Except they'd have to be renamed 'Regularobots' or something since everyone's techno in WFC/FOC.

Either that or the 'DoofDoofBots'.

You know who Vortex is redolent of in those colours?

Universe/RiD Predacon Bruticus?

Coincidence, or the deliberate reason for a weird colour scheme for Vortex?

I like Bruticus in the released picture. It looks like a bulk of a transformer stomping his way towards the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    I like that the combined mode's gun is made from all the smaller bot's weapons joined together, but if you're going to make a reference to a recent 3rd party combiner you'd want to at least do as good a job on it as they did. That gun just looks like a bunch of guns stuck together...which it is.
    FYI you made the guns for Ruination (the Bruticus repaint from RID) by combining the weapons of the individual robots. So this toy (and the third party toy) is actually making a reference to earlier official TFs. And yes those looked like a bunch of guns stuck together too...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I like Bruticus in the released picture. It looks like a bulk of a transformer stomping his way towards the camera.

FYI you made the guns for Ruination (the Bruticus repaint from RID) by combining the weapons of the individual robots. So this toy (and the third party toy) is actually making a reference to earlier official TFs. And yes those looked like a bunch of guns stuck together too...
    Yep, I've got the ugly camo/orange/red repaint of Ruination. But I sincerely doubt that this is in reference to that. I also doubt it's in reference to Hercules. It's most likely just what they came up with to avoid having to store the weapons elsewhere in robot mode. It's also why Onslaught's rifle is so daft. Onslaught is a good reason to sell these in a giftset and not separately - he's deeply flawed as an individual TF.
    Last edited by Sutton; 11th February 2012 at 09:54 PM.