Page 210 of 481 FirstFirst ... 190200205206207208209210211212213214215220230 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

I was recently at sea world on the gold coast and was amased to see that they still had a stand of film for sale in their gift shop. it was all very dusty though.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Plus night shooting is still a bit ricky with digital. Although the noise is going, still there.
    Star trails just aren't the same with digital, I agree. I actually really miss shooting in the black and white film I learned with through high school and uni. Good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    Star trails just aren't the same with digital, I agree. I actually really miss shooting in the black and white film I learned with through high school and uni. Good memories.
    I still have the black and white photos that I took back in year 8, when we made pin-hole cameras in Art; I might have to post them for s***s & giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I still have the black and white photos that I took back in year 8, when we made pin-hole cameras in Art; I might have to post them for s***s & giggles.
    A lot of my old photos are so bad, I didn't leave them in the fixative long enough so they're just awful looking.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    A lot of my old photos are so bad, I didn't leave them in the fixative long enough so they're just awful looking.
    Hehe, mine aren't really that good either dude; though I think I did ok by memory when it came to the fluids, you'll have to let me know but I'll have to scan them up and whack 'em in the photography thread tomorrow.

I'm sure there are pros and cons between film and digital, especially when it comes to artistic shots. But for a "low end" user like me, digital suits me fine. Digital cameras did exist when I was living in Japan, but it was still a relatively new technology and not as affordable as today.

Totally agree with digicams' inability to shoot well in the dark too.

On the left is a photo I took (back in 1999) with a film camera, on the right a photo I took with a digital camera:

Kodak filed for bankruptcy last week, due to falling demand in film.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Kodak filed for bankruptcy last week, due to falling demand in film.
    Amoungst other issues as well. Kodak were well behind the in the digital race.

While their main competetor were forging ahead with digital, what were kodak doing? Making Higher resolution film.

When they eventually got onboard the digital camera side of things, their products were poor quality and not a patch on what was already out.

Even their foray into digital cinema was unsuccessful as their severs were too restrictive for chains to use. They had them designed so that the software wasn't customisable to the cutomers needs in the slightest. The levels of control that kodak insisted they retain were ridiculous, so much so that if anything went wrong only a Kodak technician could have to come out to fix it, not good when you have a room full of 300 odd people waiting for a movie and on top of that every film shown on one of their servers needed an extra fee just for using the projector...

With business sense like that, you can see why they have gone. They are probably good friends with the Transformers Collectors Club.

Farewell Kodak.

Also found out yesterday that Mortein bit the dust, their factory expecting closure in July, seems like Louie the Fly is actually dead now.

so wait I thought you said you were a teacher jena? Also Skywarp they are not dead but moving to over seas from waht I understand.