• I was looking for local TF news.

24 34.78%
  • I was looking for TF reviews.

3 4.35%
  • I was looking for other toy info.

7 10.14%
  • Someone told me about the site.

10 14.49%
  • Transformers? I thought this was Ozforex...

3 4.35%
  • Other (please explain)

22 31.88%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How did you find your way to Ozformers?

Came for the Sightings, stayed for the rest of it.

Plus it's a pretty exceptional board/forum/community. Most forums seem to descend into cliques, regular s**tfights, and/or showcases for general awfulness, but OTCA usually manages to stay decent, respectful, and welcoming/accessible to new members. It's a hard balance to maintain -kudos as ever to Griff and the mods.

Was contacted by Griffin way back in 1996 I think and received the old paper newsletter he distributed. He got my name from Belinda (does she still participant in TF fandom?), a Queenslander I knew from a Transformers MUSH I used to play in (I can't remember what MUSH even stands for anymore). MUSH's and MMUDS etc, were text based roleplaying platforms.
    Catcon: sleeper agent of evil

Long time no see, dsaint! What did you think of the Wonder Woman movie?

Hi Goktimus

The Wonder Woman movie was "ok". Audiences are so conditioned to take in so much crap these days, that when a movie is merely mediocre, they come off as champion pieces of film.

My main problem with the DC films is the length which is never properly utilised (almost 3 hours for BvsS!), ponderous scripts and bad writing.

Having said that, it was a step above DC' other output.

Really, really like Spider-Man Homecoming.

What do others think?
    Catcon: sleeper agent of evil

Someone told me about this site. It was dirge. It was when I attended the Toy convention back then.. 2006(?) at Wharf8 in the city. Found out about that one while I was looking at ebay for G1 toys to buy. Stumbled onto Griffin's listing of white Astrotrain which had info about it. Lucky I was on day off. I came to the venue so early, the organizers havent even finished setting up the display. So I went to the nearest doughnut shop to have brekie first then cane back first in line.. dirge was manning (or rather was forced to) the front accepting the entrance fee and giving the freebies (vhs copy of TF:The Movie - which is grainy as hahahah) . Bought a lot of TFs that day and went home happy. Dirge at one point there chatted me up and told me about the forum and I did so when I got home and went online.. I just chatted with everyone immediately. Didnt even then made an intro thread (prolly shouldve) ..lol
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Galvatran Guest

Punched into my SatNav. And ended up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Punched into my SatNav. And ended up here.

I've been 'lurking' here for years, especially when scouting for releases. Finally decided to join and glad I did. Lots of friendly people!