Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC King Greyskull

Default MOTUC King Greyskull

I have read about a new King Greyskull redeco coming out.

Is this the same mold as the one that came in the 'Castle Grayskull' box with electronics?

If it is the same mold, what are they trying to represent with the redeco? I thought that there were already 3 re-decos of that toy (normal, statue & spirit) which were 'secret' variants of the original release.

Perhaps a proper 200x Version with 200x weapons?

It's the same mould. The spirit version doesn't really count as a regular recolour any more than we'd consider a Lucky Draw Transformer to be one, and the other two versions came out at the same time and were like Japanese Micromasters with a blind-packed chase figure. So the toy's really only been released once, at the very beginning of the line, in more limited numbers than the other MOTUC toys. So the new version is recoloured to signify that it's not the original limited SDCC Exclusive, but it's not hugely different - he just looks like he's a Spartan on a ski trip. (And he also comes with his very own bowling ball.)

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yeah, I think there were only 2 figures (of one of those King Grayskull versions) ever made in the whole whole... I think one is actually owned by a guy here in Adelaide. Raider knows him (I think).

As for the regular release, Sky Shadow's right. It was so hard to get and available before the line really started. Plus, they didn't sell him to international customers, so anyone outside the US had to fork out ridiculous $$$ on evilbay.

Can't wait to get mine now...

Thanks for the info guys, I think that I may actually go for it when the toy comes out.

Too bad the first release is so unattainable. I totally loved that Castle Grayskull box.

Do you guys know where is the best place to get it from and how much it should be?
    Last edited by kup; 1st October 2010 at 02:07 PM.

Yeah, that castle packaging is awesome... but alas we'll never seen a re-release (according to Mattel).

King Grayskull will be US $20 and is only available on Mattycollector in Nov (and Scalp-bay afterwards )

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Yeah, that castle packaging is awesome... but alas we'll never seen a re-release (according to Mattel).

King Grayskull will be US $20 and is only available on Mattycollector in Nov (and Scalp-bay afterwards )
    How is Mattycollector with international shipping? I hope that they are not like the TF club.

Also can you pre-order from them? I can only see the original King Grayskull in their showcase section. Sorry for all the questions, I am pretty noobish when it comes to MOTU collecting.

Matty is great with int shipping, cheap and fast!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    How is Mattycollector with international shipping? I hope that they are not like the TF club.

Also can you pre-order from them? I can only see the original King Grayskull in their showcase section. Sorry for all the questions, I am pretty noobish when it comes to MOTU collecting.
    No probs mate

Shipping is not too bad to Oz... not the best, but it's not outrageous. For 1 figure, it's probably around $10 US or thereabouts.

As for pre-order... that's not an option at all. Their Nov figures haven't been added to their site yet, but they will soon. The only way to get them is to log on at 12pm (ET) in the US (which is about 1:30/2am-ish our time) and try to battle the dreaded RSOD (Red Screen of Death!!).. which is not fun at all. If you've never ordered on Matty on a sale day, prepare for an experience like no other... one that may end with gut-wrenching disappointment if the figure sells out in under 2 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    No probs mate

Shipping is not too bad to Oz... not the best, but it's not outrageous. For 1 figure, it's probably around $10 US or thereabouts.

As for pre-order... that's not an option at all. Their Nov figures haven't been added to their site yet, but they will soon. The only way to get them is to log on at 12pm (ET) in the US (which is about 1:30/2am-ish our time) and try to battle the dreaded RSOD (Red Screen of Death!!).. which is not fun at all. If you've never ordered on Matty on a sale day, prepare for an experience like no other... one that may end with gut-wrenching disappointment if the figure sells out in under 2 minutes!
    Thanks for the information and the tips. It may be a good idea to post release dates for upcoming figures in this section so that local fans have a chance to get something.

I have heard about the mad rush from a guy in another site. I was hoping it was just the guy bashing Mattel (he is the Hasbro indoctrinated type).