Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: OTCA Stop Motion Project?

You're 1st stop-motion vid was excellent dude, this next one is likely to be even better!; I wish you the best of luck man, Script & Dialogue would have to be 2 of the hardest parts to nail in such a project I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    In terms of "auditioning" for voice performers (let's not insult the profession by calling ourselves "actors" unless any of us actually have had training or are just really talented ) perhaps you could give write up a small sample of lines for each character that you'd like to cast. It doesn't have to be a line from the script, it can be any line. Each line should showcase a different range of emotions; e.g. happy line, sad line, stoic line, angry line, authoritative line, menacing line - depending on the character. Because delivering the line "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" in Optimus Prime's smooth stoic voice is very different from belting out "I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!" in his screaming action voice. You want to see how people can modulate a given voice. You may also need to include some wallas -- wallas are the non-language noises that voice actors often are required to perform, like screaming, laughing, crying, grunting etc.
    Thanks for the suggestion Gok, as I'm going through the script I've decided to tally up the total lines said by each character and add what emotions they should be speaking under. When that and proofreading is done I will post up a list of all roles and total lines used by each role.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    You're 1st stop-motion vid was excellent dude, this next one is likely to be even better!; I wish you the best of luck man, Script & Dialogue would have to be 2 of the hardest parts to nail in such a project I imagine.
    I've thought and thought about the script and how to tell a story many times to give myself enough headaches for this project. The dialogue I tried to make as natural as possible. I think the next part which is the principle photography and editing will take the longest. Perhaps a couple of months or so. That and perhaps the process of gathering voice actors.

Update:

So after tallying the number of lines said by each character, here they are. These are estimates though done in a very rushed process and I may be off by a number or two. I'll isolate each character's lines in separate documents later to confirm their numbers. So here we have it:

I guess Auditions are now open and I am now offering paid roles (paypal), noted are also what I look for in voices. Extra paid roles may be added on later for any roles with more than 20 lines or payments offered to combined roles by same actor/actresses
    • Starscream (58) - $35 - Bay Movie Voice
    • Skywarp (3) - G1ish voice
    • Thundercracker (26) - G1ish
    • Generic Decepticon (3) - Any evil voice
    • Decepticon Crowd (1) - Any evil voice
    • Bumblebbe (2) - Mark Ryan's voice
    • Sam Witwicky (1) - If it's a funny impersonation of Shia Leboff then I'm all ears lol
    • Breakdown (2) - You can do your own take on this, G1ish style if wanted
    • TopSpin (6) - Bogan-like
    • Leadfoot (4) - DOTM-esque, irish accent?
    • Roadbuster (2) - DOTM-esque, irish accent?
    • Military Pilot (2) - Generic soldier voice, young
    • General Morshower (8) - Glenn Morshower impersonator wanted $7
    • Ratchet (48) - $30 - Bay Movie role
    • Human Operator (1) - anyone can offer
    • Payload (7) - like Bane from Batman The Animated Series
    • Mindwipe (3) - Calm, gravelly, similar to his appearance in the Cyber Mission series
    • Optimus Prime (26) - Am trying to negotiate a deal with jon3pnt0 of Youtube fame to do Optimus' voice. Auditions welcome. Cullen impersonation highly-sought after.
    • Sideswipe (21) - Bay Movie version
    • Vice-President Logan (8) - Male with a good US accent is preferred, and in fashion with Gregory Itzin's portrayal of President Logan from TV-Show '24'
    • MILITARY COMMANDER (2) - not fussed
    • RADIO OPERATOR (1) - not fussed
    • HAILSTORM (1) - not fussed
    • Skyhammer (29) - laid back, cool voice
    • Brimstone (2) - bikie like
    • Wreckage (2) - laid back voice
    • Decepticon Guard (2) - loud, agressive

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Update:

So after tallying the number of lines said by each character, here they are. These are estimates though done in a very rushed process and I may be off by a number or two. I'll isolate each character's lines in separate documents later to confirm their numbers. So here we have it:

I guess Auditions are now open and I am now offering paid roles (paypal), noted are also what I look for in voices. Extra paid roles may be added on later for any roles with more than 20 lines or payments offered to combined roles by same actor/actresses
    • Skywarp (3) - G1ish voice
    • Thundercracker (26) - G1ish
    • Generic Decepticon (3) - Any evil voice
    • Decepticon Crowd (1) - Any evil voice
    • Bumblebbe (2) - Mark Ryan's voice
    • Sam Witwicky (1) - If it's a funny impersonation of Shia Leboff then I'm all ears lol
    • Leadfoot (4) - DOTM-esque, irish accent?
    • Roadbuster (2) - DOTM-esque, irish accent?
    • Military Pilot (2) - Generic soldier voice, young
    • Ratchet (48) - $30 - Bay Movie role
    • Payload (7) - like Bane from Batman The Animated Series
    • Mindwipe (3) - Calm, gravelly, similar to his appearance in the Cyber Mission series
    • Optimus Prime (26) - Am trying to negotiate a deal with jon3pnt0 of Youtube fame to do Optimus' voice. Auditions welcome. Cullen impersonation highly-sought after.
    • Sideswipe (21) - Bay Movie version
    • Vice-President Logan (8) - Male with a good US accent is preferred, and in fashion with Gregory Itzin's portrayal of President Logan from TV-Show '24'
    • MILITARY COMMANDER (2) - not fussed
    • RADIO OPERATOR (1) - not fussed
    • Skyhammer (29) - laid back, cool voice
    • Brimstone (2) - bikie like
    • Wreckage (2) - laid back voice
    • Decepticon Guard (2) - loud, agressive
    dude i'd like to give a few of these a go, skype sometime soon?
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    dude i'd like to give a few of these a go, skype sometime soon?
    Any roles in particular you wanted?

not sure who on that list I could do, but I'll give some of them a shot

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Any roles in particular you wanted?
    A few talk later bout it
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Update:

• Skywarp (3) - G1ish voice Skywarp91
    • Thundercracker (26) - G1ish Skywarp91
    • Generic Decepticon (3) - Any evil voice KalEl
    • Decepticon Crowd (1) - Any evil voice KalEl, Skywarp91
    • Bumblebee (2) - Mark Ryan's voice Might not even need voices pending on proof-reading
    • Leadfoot (4) - DOTM-esque, irish accent? KalEl
    • Roadbuster (2) - DOTM-esque, irish accent? KalEl
    • Military Pilot (2) - Generic soldier voice, young KalEl
    • Ratchet (48) - $30 - Bay Movie role Maybe KalEl
    • Payload (7) - like Bane from Batman The Animated Series Skywarp91
    • Mindwipe (3) - Calm, DEEP, similar to his appearance in the Cyber Mission series (here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkhwunDh9ok) KalEl
    • Optimus Prime (26) - Working with Jon Bailey, jon3pnt0 of Youtube fame to do Optimus' voice. Auditions welcome. Cullen impersonation highly-sought after.
    • Sideswipe (21) - Bay Movie version KalEl
    • MILITARY COMMANDER (2) - not fussed KalEl
    • RADIO OPERATOR (1) - not fussed KalEl
    • Skyhammer (29) - laid back, cool voice Skywarp91
    • Brimstone (2) - bikie like KalEl
    • Wreckage (2) - laid back voice KalEl
    • Decepticon Guard (2) - loud, agressive KalEl

update: proof-reading, after getting enough free time is finally done. I'm happy with the story that I have created and will now start separating all of the lines spoken by each character into their own document and have another read of what they say in my head to see if it flows naturally, then I'll post out the scripts to the vocal talent. I probably will make a summary of what each character is like and how the voice actor should tackle them.

Then after that it's time to start drawing up some storyboards, which I intend to do over the next 2-3 weeks. Fun fun fun!

EDIT - As of 7th June 2012 I have finally separated all the lines for each individual characters into their own documents. Jon Bailey is almost done with his lines as Optimus Prime and I will re-read some of the lines spoken by major characters including Starscream, Ratchet and Skyhammer before moving onto Storyboards.
    Last edited by SkyWarp91; 6th June 2012 at 11:38 PM.

Just got the recordings back from Jon Bailey, oh man his voice is god-like. I am so pumped to get this project done now.